New to myfitnesspal

Options
Joined today. I would like to lose around 40-45 lbs. I would love to meet up with others with goals around the same. I am also on a 1200 calorie range. I considered joining WW but decided to come here and maybe reward myself with the money instead?

Replies

• Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Skip WW and save the money. You will need to do some research how eat right and exercise. WW works if you do the program, but you are paying for new material that changes every few years and you have to buy all new books and you have to pay weekly. Save that money and use it towards excercise videos or a gym membership. YOu will get more than plenty advice on MFP.
  • xNickie
    xNickie Posts: 49
    Options
    Save that money! I've not step foot in a gym, or gone to any sort of classes, I've simply walked pretty much everyday for at least 45 minutes (And spent 10 minutes on a stationary bike 3-5 days a week, have one at home) and I've lost 17lbs since September :smile: Best of luck on your journey, whatever you do!
  • jacinta13011
    Options
    Hi I just joined MFP as well and would love to get lots of motivational tips and advice etc and hopefully be able to give some aswell!
    Im also on the 1200 calarie mark and have about 20lbs to lose!

Does anyone mind me adding them as friends?