Chocolate Shakeology® Pie!

Options
brianhin
brianhin Posts: 28
I've been getting a lot of requests for the Chocolate Shakeology® Pie recipe so here it is with pics! If you don't know what Shakeology is you can find out more about it @ http://www.shakeology.com/brianhin

I'm not sure how to put pictures up on MFP, but I posted pics on my other blog @ http://hinhealthandfitness.blogspot.com so you can see what the finished product looks like!

. 1-1/2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology
. 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
. 1 container silken tofu (12 oz.)
. 2 Tbsp. soy milk
. 2 Tbsp. agave nectar (or maple syrup)
. 1 whole-grain graham cracker pie crust

Blend or food-process peanut butter, tofu, Shakeology, soy milk, and agave nectar until smooth and creamy, adding more soy milk if necessary. Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour). Serves 6 - 8.

After you blend ingredients together just pour it into pie crust

Refrigerate until firm and then serve!!

Preparation Time: 10 minutes, plus 60 minutes refrigeration time

Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 307
Fat Total: 17 g
Carbs: 19 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 13g

Enjoy everyone!!

Replies

• FAKECED
    FAKECED Posts: 61
    Options
    Nice!
    Where do you get the shakeology?
  • brianhin
    Options
    You can pick it up at this website. Just copy and paste it into your url.

http://www.shakeology.com/brianhin
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Brian,
    I have tried this recipe and mine did not turn out well at all. I had to toss it in the trash. Maybe I did something wrong. I'll have to try it again. Anything to use besides peanut butter or any kind of nut butter? I can't really eat any of them. :-(
    Maybe that's why my first pie sucked, cuz I left out the peanut butter. Wonder if I could just put a scoop of protein powder in place of it? What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Tina
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I bought the chocolate shakeology, and all I can say was it was a total waste of my money it taste like *kitten*, so i'll try this recipe, maybe it'll at least use the stuff up.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I bought the chocolate shakeology, and all I can say was it was a total waste of my money it taste like *kitten*, so i'll try this recipe, maybe it'll at least use the stuff up.

Honestly, if this is your experience, it was not mixed right. It should taste amazing. What kind of flavors do you like with chocolate? What did you mix it with? If you used just water, that's like taking a chicken breast, boiling it in water and saying it doesn't taste good. My favorite is one scoop of chocolate Shakeology, 8 oz of skim milk, 4 oz of water (not needed but i like it this way) and a teaspoon of instant decaf coffee. It is awesome. My husband likes his with the milk, a bananna and some peanut butter. More calories, but yummy too. There are all kinds of recipes. PLUS, if you don't like it, there is a guarantee if you return the bag within 30 days...even if the bag is empty.

I admit, this pie recipe does not sound appealing to me, imho
    Risa
  • brianhin
    Options
    Hey Tina,

Hmm...are you allergic to peanuts and such?? I don't think another scoop of protein powder would help with the flavor of it. I'll try to think of something else you may be able to put into it and get back to you lol :)
  • brianhin
    Options

What did you mix it with?? Granted if you mix it just with water, the taste is less than fantastic. But if you use it with a meal replacement, you should usually add some other content to it (fruit, milk, peanut butter, etc.) that's to your liking and mix it up so that it's right around a 300-400 calorie meal. If you blend those ingredients together in a glass with ice, it'll come out like a frozen chocolate smoothie and taste amazing.

Let me know what flavor you have and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes, as well as some I've come up with on my own. And like YogaRunner said, if you truly didn't like it, you can always send it back for a refund within 30-days.
  • brianhin
    Options
    Oh btw, I've had 4 friends come over and try the pie, and they've all absolutely loved it! :) I may have to make some more. It's quick and easy, so give it a shot!