Women with double belly rolls...

Options
124»

Replies

• MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    it wont go away but it will just get smaller and smaller.

the only way to get rid of it is a tummy tuck

I will be getting one after I hit goal plus boobs.

There are a lot of apparently fortunate people on MFP who will be happy to tell you that if you do what they did you'll never need a tummy tuck because they were big and now their stomach is flat as a pancake with no loose skin at all, and that a tummy tuck is a "short cut" to avoid the hard work. Well, I wish them well and hope they're thanking their parents for those wonderful genes, because a large number of us didn't win that particular lottery. I've said this before and it bears saying again... if you have loose skin and/or cleaved muscle that truly bothers you, DO look into a tummy tuck. Insurance may even cover it IF the hanging skin is causing infections. I had one 3 years ago and was very pleased with the result. It's not cheap, but while you're saving up for it you can keep working on the exercise route and if it works just use that money for a vacation! I have never regretted having mine for even a second! In fact, if I had the money to spare, I'd get my thighs done, too.... they look like a deflated balloon and that is never going to go away completely.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great job with your loss!! and sounds like you need a new doctor!! I have the same situation with my stomach. When I was at my lowest, 122 lbs, I still had the double roll and it really bothers me. I don't want to get too skinny so it goes away (if there is a chance that it will go away). I'm trying to focus on lowering body fat and increasing muscle.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have found this post. I've looked at so many pictures and have never seen anyone else with what I call the "above the belly button roll" that I have. I've been told by 2 doctors that it will never really go away but that with work and diet I can have a flat stomach. It's just that if I carry weight that pooch will remain. I'm sorry some other ladies have this problem, but I'm also thankful to finally see I'm not the only one. Good luck to us on smoothing it out a bit!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem... but the top portion I gained last time I gained weight so I'm hoping it reverses in a similar way as I lose weight.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    I'm not violent but I would have slap that doctor big time!

yeah, I have the same problem but my doctor is much kinder.
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    It's hard work, but it can be done...clean up your diet and exercise more...both cardio and weight lifting....Good Luck!

ABS_zpsdb5d89f2.jpg
    c3f54d76.jpg
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have them when sitting down but not when standing up. Hope they'll be gone when I get to goal.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have lost 36 lbs and still have the rolls. I noticed that when I was doing more crunches it was getting smaller. I think we just need to work on exercises that strength out core! You can lose all the weight but if you do not tone it, you will still be left with the rolls(it might be more skin than fat, but it would still be there).
  • sher71481
    Options
    Mine is TERRIBLE specially the lower section it's almost like it hangs and then has fat in it :( i have lost weight before and it had shrunk but never really went away. I would love to see some more before and afters
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Mine has gotten a lot better but I'm still a work in progress. As far as how long it has taken me, it's been about an on and off process nearly 3 years now. 1.5 year's has been steady and strong.

2uofb.jpg
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    So I need some inspiration with women who have lost their double belly rolls. I have attached pictures of what mine look like. This is after 30 pounds lost, and I'm curious as to how much I will have to lose to make my top roll disappear.

I'm extremely self-conscious about my stomach...especially when one doctor grabbed on to it and said "Whoa, got a bit of a fat tumor there, don't ya?" Yah, never saw him again.

20z7154.jpg
    bhlzkj.jpg

I'm always looking for new friends and supporters as well.
    Me and you are built the same...even my legs look the same as yours.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I can't believe that doctor said something so rude like that! I wouldn't have paid him a dime!
    Well as far as losing stomach weight....this worked for me! I really cut out sugars and a lot of carbs
    I only took in 120-150g of carbs a day when I was trying to lose my belly weight. It made such a difference!!
    I also worked out to Insanity BUT 80% of abs are made in the kitchen!!!
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine has gotten a lot better but I'm still a work in progress. As far as how long it has taken me, it's been about an on and off process nearly 3 years now. 1.5 year's has been steady and strong.

2uofb.jpg

just amazing, what an inspiration, WOW, well done you :smile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

just amazing, what an inspiration, WOW, well done you :smile:

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!