How to BEAT the scale

Options
2»

Replies

• remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and use this website (http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html) to track it. They show you your trend line but also how likely it is that your crazy high or low weight one day is to just be water, etc.
    You can set the parameters to only show you a week, a month, a few months, etc. at a time so you can really get a good idea of your average for that period of time.
    This website keeps me a little more sane because sometimes it feels like I haven't lost much at all and I'm able to look back at the graph and trend line and say, oh yeah, I actually have, it just feels like I haven't in a while because the last 2 days I maintained, for example.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The scale is a dirty *kitten* - measure!

This can work for some people for sure.

But for most, especially when first starting to diet, need to know if what they are doing is working. Waiting a month to take measurements and see the results is just too long to wait. It's almost the same as weighing once a month.

However, I DO measure. It is another tool in my motivation arsenal. The other nice thing about measuring is it can give you an idea of how much actual fat you are losing vs water or muscle weight.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'm too dense to do all that.

At least I admit it.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    http://physicsdiet.com/ <--- This is an excellent website that does what you're talking about for you, with lots of bonus features in addition. Great for daily weighers, obviously :)

Cool site, thanks for sharing!
  • peterdt
    Options
    I weigh every day and use this website (http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html) to track it. They show you your trend line but also how likely it is that your crazy high or low weight one day is to just be water, etc.
    You can set the parameters to only show you a week, a month, a few months, etc. at a time so you can really get a good idea of your average for that period of time.
    This website keeps me a little more sane because sometimes it feels like I haven't lost much at all and I'm able to look back at the graph and trend line and say, oh yeah, I actually have, it just feels like I haven't in a while because the last 2 days I maintained, for example.

this is pretty cool.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    that sure beats my idea of throwing the damn thing against the wall. thanks!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Step 1, grab a bat

Step 2, go to town

The only reason I came to this thread was to say that. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • peterdt
    Options
    Step 1, grab a bat

Step 2, go to town

The only reason I came to this thread was to say that. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

any reason why?