Zumba?

Options
Has anyone used zumba to lose weight and does it work as good as they claim it does? I hope so because I just ordered the dvd's and I hate to think that I just wasted my money.

Replies

• sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Haven't done the video but attend a class three nights a week and I LOVE it! It is a great workout and fun! Enjoy!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I too attend a class and it's my most favourite aerobics class EVER.

I tell everyone I know, if you loved to go out dancing in your 20's and no longer enjoy the "club scene", try Zumba! It's just THAT much fun!!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Haven't done the video but attend a class three nights a week and I LOVE it! It is a great workout and fun! Enjoy!

Ditto to that! Outrageous classes...off and out the door to my next Zumba right now...
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Have the DVDs and attend classes. I've lost 12 lbs but it's like anything else, you have to eat right also. My waist is definately smaller and more toned after about 6 weeks of it. Good luck!
  • aurablue
    aurablue Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't have the videos but I go once a week and it really kicks my booty. I work different muscles then on the eliptical or bike. I have a friend who uses the bug and she says she burns about 1000 calories at zumba. I think it really depends on how much you put into it I always add arms slide really big lunge deeply, but it definitely burns calories and is a ton of fun.
  • LinsdayMV
    LinsdayMV Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree, Zumba is fabulous! I havent done it for very long but one hour of straight cardio HAS to be positive for weight loss!
  • cthellen
    cthellen Posts: 3
    Options
    The inches just come melting off... go to the class! You'll actually enjoy sweating for the hour... : )
  • tashacarter07
    Options
    I do zumba classes and I think it works. A friend of mine has been doing Zumba for 2 years now. She does it 3-4 times a week. She went from around a size 10 to a size 4 in two years from doing it.
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    I have attended the classes and it works up a good sweat - some people online here burn 6-700 cals doing Zumba - I manage about 450 cals. It is good fun, so enjoy
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Okay, I am excited and can't wait for the dvd's to get here lol. It's going to take 3 - 7 days. There is light weights that come with the order so that should make it interesting for me. I may never be able to do the full hour because of lung issues, but I think I will be fine because it is also my understanding that burning calories depends on the heart rate. As long as my H R is in my range, I should burn those calories. Hope so anyway lol
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I did the DVDs for the first time on Tuesday. It was a great workout and you can modify the moves or take a break if you find yourself getting tired. I had a great time doing it. I might start doing a class on Saturdays or one night during the week. It's a great overall workout.
  • smile121
    smile121 Posts: 22
    Options
    I do a zumba boot camp class once a week, it is awesome! so much fun, before you know it 60 minutes has passed!!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered the DVD's too. I am so glad eveyone loves it. It looks so much fun!!!
    Can't wait until they get here so I can get started!!!

:heart:
  • donna56
    Options
    I've just ordered the DVD's too. I am so glad eveyone loves it. It looks so much fun!!!

Do you remember what all came with them? I know the weights do, but I was so excited that I forgot what all there is :laugh:
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Im not much of a dancer a bit uncoordinated, will I have a hard time following? It does look like fun!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just get so excited when I see all the positive feedback about Zumba. I am a Zumba Instructor!!! It is a great workout program and since it is so much fun you dont even feel that you are exercising!! About the amount of calories you burn, it all depends on the intensity, weight of the person, etc etc. So it can vary...

Nellie, anyone should be able to follow a class with no problem. It has to do a lot with the instructor, he/she should teach modifications and try to make it easier for those who are having trouble following some steps. I always tell my students not too worry much about the steps but to keep moving and do their own style to get the cardio benefit of it. And HAVE FUN!!!

Zumba Love!!! :flowerforyou:
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Do you remember what all came with them? I know the weights do, but I was so excited that I forgot what all there is :laugh:

The one I bought has:
    Zumba® Fitness Basics
    Zumba® Fitness 20-Minute Express
    Zumba® Fitness Sculpt & Tone
    Zumba® Fitness Cardio Party
    Zumba® Fitness Total Body Transformation Guide

PLUS
    Two Zumba® Fitness Toning Sticks
    Zumba® Fitness LIVE! Workout
    Zumba® Fitness Flat Abs Workout

Very very excited. I'd seen it advertised before and decided to go for it because it looks amazing!!! :happy:
  • msspriss
    msspriss Posts: 14
    Options
    I went to a class yesterday and loved it, but I can't go until June because of school. I am getting the DVDs tonight though. I'm excited!
  • donna56
    Options

The one I bought has:
    Zumba® Fitness Basics
    Zumba® Fitness 20-Minute Express
    Zumba® Fitness Sculpt & Tone
    Zumba® Fitness Cardio Party
    Zumba® Fitness Total Body Transformation Guide

PLUS
    Two Zumba® Fitness Toning Sticks
    Zumba® Fitness LIVE! Workout
    Zumba® Fitness Flat Abs Workout

Very very excited. I'd seen it advertised before and decided to go for it because it looks amazing!!! :happy:

Yep! That's what I ordered also.
  • donna56
    Options
    I just get so excited when I see all the positive feedback about Zumba. I am a Zumba Instructor!!! It is a great workout program and since it is so much fun you dont even feel that you are exercising!! About the amount of calories you burn, it all depends on the intensity, weight of the person, etc etc. So it can vary...

Nellie, anyone should be able to follow a class with no problem. It has to do a lot with the instructor, he/she should teach modifications and try to make it easier for those who are having trouble following some steps. I always tell my students not too worry much about the steps but to keep moving and do their own style to get the cardio benefit of it. And HAVE FUN!!!

Zumba Love!!! :flowerforyou:

Well I certainly hope I'll be able to do it or atleast get some benefit out of it as I have asthma and emphysema. I get short winded after a few minutes. I can't hardly make it 15 min of regular dancing with the stereo on.