Working mom of 2 needs to lose about 100 pounds...

Options
Hi everybody! I work full time and have a husband, 2 small kids (5 and 3), and I've let myself go so badly that now I need to lose about 100 pounds... Has anybody else been in this boat? I just joined My Fitness Pal b/c I've heard great things and love that it's free and I can access it from my phone. I'm excited to get started!

Replies

• Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It is a great site, lots of people who will provide encouragement. I'm a working mom of 2 as well, feel free to friend me and good luck!!!
  • marieclark1976
    Options
    Hello I just started this site today....I have 3 kids ages 14 years 12 years
    and 9 months old. I am wanting to lose about 120 lbs. I have a very supportive husband. Maybe we can do this journey together.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I also have 2 kids and work full time. It's a tough balancing act, but you can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom of 2 also! I started at 100 lbs and still have 60 to go. Let's be MFP buddies! :D
  • aecummings
    aecummings Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! It means so much to have support! My husband is supportive too and hopes to lose a little weight with me! :)
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am a work at home mom. I weighed 250 pounds when I began in 1996. I am now at 186
  • vegasjamie
    Options
    Just remember, now matter how much you think you have to lose, there is always someone who needs to lose more. I need to lose 200 lbs. Yes... 200. It seems discouraging when I have only lost 13. But I know I will get there. I have to do it for my daughter. Just keep thinking about your kids... that's what I do.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    MFP has been a life-saver for me. When I started, I needed to loose close to 100lbs. Now I'm down almost 41lbs but still have about 57lbs to go. I'm a working mom, wife and busy, busy. Feel free to add me :-)
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp i work part time at night and have my kids all day also married with 2 kids (4.5 and 2.5).also the same goals. feel free to add me.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mum of 2 (ages 3.5 and 20 months) and I put on loads of weight in my 2nd pregnancy. I got right back on track when my daughter was 7 weeks old though and have lost nearly 60lbs since July 2011 and have about 10 to go! I was about 220lbs and I'm now 163.

I work part time as a teacher.

Feel free to add me!
  • mdg0421
    mdg0421 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a working dad of 2 and you can do it :) I've lost roughly 30 pounds since I started last year.
  • CRichards22
    Options
    Yes! Been there and I am still there working my plan. Working mommy of 2 also, ages 1 and 3. Feel free to add me! I love MFP and have logged in over a year and lost 80+ pounds with it.

Loosened the reigns over the holidays and gained 9 pounds (before that my ticker was at 103) just updated it and getting serious again today!!!

You can do this, mind over matter! Good luck!
  • meganlymon
    meganlymon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat!! I had to lose 100 lbs when I first had my baby, now I am down to 60 to lose. Since Ive started MFP two weeks ago, I lost 6lbs!!! Im excited... WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Your very ver welcome, my advice is to add everyone, get some friends around you. Spend a few hours getting to know the site, you will learn loads. The success stories are my favourites, so inspiring xx
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is the best--it helped me lose 68 lbs after having my 3rd baby in 2.5 years. I work full time (and often travel) and am happily married. I started the journey late in 2011 and, through logging, healthier food choices and consistent exercise, shed the weight. My husband joined me and lost 35 lbs as well. Feel free to add me!
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am not a mom but I work full time, have a fiance and am still in the process of losing, but have lost 125lbs prior to joining mfp. I am on here all the time so feel free to add me if you need a buddy.
  • kendrarochelle02
    kendrarochelle02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I'm a working mom to an 18 month old and Marine wife. So far I have lost 81 lbs since he was born and have a few more to go until I reach my goal. Long hard journey but you can do it!
  • Bluskyleilu
    Options
    It looks as though there are many of us out there! You are not alone! I am a working mom of 2 girls 6 &9. It isn't easy but definitely do-able! MFP has been a great motivation to keep me going. I hate working out and if it weren't for the supportive members here I would have quit long ago!
    Feel fee to add me! You can't have to many friends here!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a working mom of 3 and when I started last year I had 108 pounds to lose...now, one year later, I only have 33!! You can do it too!
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a working mother as well. Just one kid though, a 20 month old girl. I have 100 pounds to lose also. Feel free to add me.