losing weight by just diet?

Options
I would like to lose about 5 pounds before March 8, I am currently 5'1, and 126 pounds. However, I can't exercise without getting dizzy, I have a problem with my ears and i can't get it checked out until the end of March. So at this point, my only hope is eating healthier. So in your experience, have you lost weight by just eating, not any exercise?

Replies

• MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wanna say 80% of weight loss comes from a healthy, balanced diet. From changing my diet alone, I lost about 5 pounds.
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes... especially since you have a small/ realistic goal and time frame. Set your mfp to lose a pound a week and it will give you your calories... stick to it and it shouldn't be unreasonable! Good luck :smile:
  • Jordyn321
    Options
    i'll give it a try then, thanks (:
  • annieflowergirl82
    Options
    I have Meniere's so I know what you mean about being dizzy. Some days it is just hard to move. But am still losing weight by healthy eating!!
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you must be in a calorie deficit. You can lose weight with no exercise.
  • kimika23
    kimika23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 120lbs. I typically eat in the 1350-1500 calorie range.

I've also been unable to exercise for a few months due to injury, but have successfully lost 20 lbs (10 of which was after I stopped working out). I would be happy to share diet suggestions with you. If you'd like to send me a personal message or add as a friend - feel free. By the way, I have not been following my diet the last few weeks, but amazingly have not regained back any of the weight I've lost!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36 lbs without exercising. 5 lbs should come off pretty easily with diet alone.
  • nack_3
    nack_3 Posts: 9
    Options
    To lose weight, you must be in a calorie deficit. You can lose weight with no exercise.

yep
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have lost all my weight without exercise. Even my friend who is a personal trainer says it's 80% diet and 20% exercise.
  • Jordyn321
    Options
    thanks everybody!
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Can you go for a walk? Short slow walking will still burn calories
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i lost my first 50 pounds with proper eating alone.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

This.

Many people use exercise to create (or increase) a calorie deficit, but it's certainly not necessary for simple weight loss.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Absolutely and MFP is set up so that you don't have to exercise to lose weight. When you enter your personal info, activity level and how many pounds you'd like to lose per week, they determin the correct calorie deficit based on that info.

With the amount of weight you're looking to lose 1/2 pound per week is the most realistic but most people lose a little extra water weight initially when they start making changes to their diet so your 5 pound goal by March 8th is pretty reasonable.

Good luck!
  • Jordyn321
    Options
    feel free to add me.