Not good news but staying positive

Options
Well was my weigh in tonight, put one pound on :-( but on the positive side eating healthier and getting fitter :-) Hopefully next week will be loss . It's a long road and only taken my first step

Replies

• CarlaChalk78
    Options
    Well done on your first week!! It sometimes takes a while before the results show ...keep going :D I bet you have a nice loss next week :D Feel proud x
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    the adjusting takes time. stick with it, and one week soon you will get a nice shock :smile:
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged! Keep up the good work, you'll see results soon!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well was my weigh in tonight, put one pound on :-( but on the positive side eating healthier and getting fitter :-) Hopefully next week will be loss . It's a long road and only taken my first step
    did you weigh first thing after using the bathroom? It says in your post tonight which means after your carrying fluid an food?
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It definitely takes time. The results aren't always fast... so don't lose heart! You're on the right track!
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    Khadijak17
    Yes always on a Monday night after 9 hours work and 2 hours gym :-)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    A small weight gain causes me to redouble my efforts. Hopefully, you are more determined than ever. :-)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Khadijak17

Can you do your weigh in on Monday mornings instead of at night? You should see less fluctuations due to water weight and food weight that you are digesting.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's ok! Your body is getting used to this new change. Is there any way you can weigh in in the mornings? I weigh myself every Monday morning after my shower.

Good luck! You can do it!

Sheila :flowerforyou:

@Vim ~ Great minds think a like LOL
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'd try weighing in the morning when you first wake up, after a visit to the loo. If I weight in the morning, I normally will weigh up to 3lbs more by the end of the day due to water and food I've eaten during the day.

So you may be down pounds, instead of up!
  • jamie610811
    Options
    Yes , can weigh in any time didn't think it would make much difference ?
  • MMN3
    MMN3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you didn't put on some muscle? Don't always go by a scales. Male or Female, any individual unless severely obese (100+ pounds) should start with measurements as a guide, you'll see quicker changes on the tape than the scales. It also gives you an excellent judge of how far you've come!

Personally I've not lost a pound, but I've went from a size 12 to a size 8 and lost over 12 inches! If I went solely by the scales I would have become discouraged and not continued.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    That singular pound could very easily be water, particularly after a workout or if you've had a salty day.
  • jamie610811
    Options
    Cheers guys for all the encouragement , will weigh in next Monday morning :-)
    I have just checked , lost one inch off waist, half inch off chest, bf down 0.9 bmi down 0.5
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone. :smile:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Yes , can weigh in any time didn't think it would make much difference ?

At the end of the day, you will have the weight of food you have been eating during the past few hours still in your gut, plus, you will likely be holding more water in your system than in the morning. If your weigh in is in the morning, you'll have less fluctuation due to this.
  • seattle78
    Options
    Hang in there
    34528551.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jamie610811
    Options
    Cheers Vim . MONDAY MORNINGS from now on, it makes more sense when I use the few brain cells LOL
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys for all the encouragement , will weigh in next Monday morning :-)
    I have just checked , lost one inch off waist, half inch off chest, bf down 0.9 bmi down 0.5

Yay! See! Don't always go by scales! Bet your very happy now! :)
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Khadijak17

Can you do your weigh in on Monday mornings instead of at night? You should see less fluctuations due to water weight and food weight that you are digesting.
    i agree with this hopefully you will see a difference good luck in your journey :)