Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know I'll have the same shout....soon....I'm 1% away to being over weight! I hate, hate that obese word on my BMI Congrats!
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!!! I know exactly how that feels!!! Great job.
  • mlundbe2
    mlundbe2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You rock! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Kudos! This is an awesome feeling!!
  • lonnieh2
    lonnieh2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats. That's where I'm at..right on the border of Obese and Overweight. I cant't wait to join you on the other side. Never going back.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Congratulations!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yea!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • tonim59
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!!!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hoorah!!!! That's awesome!
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been up and down with my weight so many times. This time, I need it to be different. I'm trying to keep a good attitude and use positive self talk instead of always telling myself how fat, bad, ugly, undisciplined, etc., I am.

Someone asked what I am doing. I'm eating basically 1,200 calories, about 90 grams of protein a day, and I have a carb limit because I am pre-diabetic. 75 is the limit my doctor gave me, but I am trying to usually at least 100. I work out at least four times a week. At first, I only did cardio, and tons of it. I usually watch Netflix on my Kindle Fire and burn up the elliptical machine for an hour to 90 minutes. But in the past two months, I've begun strength training and it has made a huge difference in my body. I lost three inches from my waist this past month. Crazy! And I eat back my calories, most of them at least, after exercise. (I cut the cardio back to do the strength training.)

Chocolate is my weakness, a trigger food really. I make a little room for it, though, because I do love it so. My new secret weapon is PB2. I use it in my protein shakes and it's tasty. I recently bought PB2 chocolate. It's really good.

I take the supplement chromium nictonate and because of the prediabetes, Metformin. I also have hypothyroidism, so getting the thyroid medicine straightened out really helped.

Would love tips about strength training because I am kind of a novice. I am currently using the circuit training machines.

Thanks for all your kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!