college student trying to balance health and studies

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Emily and I am a 22 year old college student in Florida. Over the years my weight has fluctuated a lot due to trying different diet and exercise plans and then falling off the bandwagon. I am finally fed up with disappointing myself every time I fall off. I want to finally make a change that lasts while keeping up with my school work. I would love some new friends to help keep me motivated and to, hopefully, be able to motivate you also!
Thanks,
Emily =]

Replies

• CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    College student myself, feel free to add ;-)
  • shannasaurus_rex
    shannasaurus_rex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just want to chime in to encourage you girls to keep it up! I worked full time and went to college at night. It took me TEN YEARS (ugh!) to finish my BA, but I did it. (Woohoo!!) I put my health on the back burner from about midterms to finals pretty much every semester, and my weight bounced up and down and up... and up... and up.

I actually recall telling my then-doctor, "I'll focus on getting healthy after I graduate," and for some crazy reason, my doctor didn't try to talk me out of that crazy way of thinking!

Anyway, I don't know if I have many tips for you, except for one: keep trying! Make your health a priority and not something you'll figure out later. If you can figure out how to balance college and health/work-outs, you'll be that much better prepare to balance work/family and health/work-outs. It's just too bad you can't get any college units for all that trying! Good luck! :)