How often to you weigh and do you record each time?

Options
I'm curious as to how often people weigh in, and if you record it each time.

For myself I weigh each morning before I take a shower. I've noticed my body fluctuates by a couple of lbs so I generally only record weights when it goes down.

How about you guys?

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly in the mornings and I log gains and losses
  • socomary
    Options
    Once every three weeks or I might wait as long as a month. And yes, I record it each time, up or down, even that last pound I gained.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but log it weekly. I look at it on average, as long as it is a downward trend then I am happy. I do log both gains and losses.
  • randilious
    Options
    I weigh every day, record once a week!
  • angelz_love
    angelz_love Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe once or twice a month because I don't own a scale. I have to drive to the gym 20 min from my house if I want to weigh in and I will only do it after a full 8 hours of sleep, after I pee, but before I drink any water at all. I weigh in with a sports bra and pants and socks, no shoes. If I happen to go to the sauna I will weigh in a bikini. I measure myself (waistline, hips and every now and then bust) daily. Much more accurate to me since my weight fluctuates as well. But when I'm bloting from my time of month I don't bother.
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i weigh every other day that way if something isnt working I can fix it. lol
  • Marieevans813
    Marieevans813 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only record losses over half a pound.
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day and usually forget to log in my food and exercise. Not good with that stuff. I have too much going on which is bad. I know I should take the time but things always seem to get in the way.
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    I do tend to weigh everyday but I would only log it once a week. My official weigh-in day is a Sunday, first thing before breakfast. I've only been doing MFP for just over a week so I have only had one weigh in day which resulted in a 5lb weight loss but I'm gonna be completely honest with myself and my 'friends' and log gains aswell as losses :-) x
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing you do. I don't weight myself every single morning, but probably 4-5 times a week. When I see a number lower than I've ever seen, then I record it!
  • slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day and record every day. It helps keep me accountable and reminds me that the scale does fluctuate. I pay attention to my general trend of loss vs. gain.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll weigh myself everyday, but I only log officially on my days off from work when I can go through a whole process at home to get the most accurate weight.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Same here
    Once every three weeks or I might wait as long as a month. And yes, I record it each time, up or down, even that last pound I gained.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and log each time.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Weigh and record weekly after my Saturday morning workout.
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week - it depends. My weight fluctuates a lot so I only log a new loss. If it was a true gain i.e. stayed around for a couple of weeks I would log it. I just don't want MFP posting that I have regained and lost the same pound of water weight. I have a feel for if I am retaining water so if I wake up feeling "light" - often having got up in the night a couple of times its a weigh day!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I weigh whenever I feel like it, and I only record the drops.
  • narcissus1199
    narcissus1199 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record everyday. I like to know what's going on in there.
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily each morning and record weight weekly and i plan to record measurements once per month.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Daily. Yes.

(Do I let the number affect my emotions or my commitment to the goal? No.)