Aloha! Just started 30 day shred. Looking for buddies.

Options
Aloha! I am looking for support buddies. I have had the my fitness pal app for a long time but I'm finally going to use it like it's meant to be used. Please add me if you're doing the shred or if you just need a support buddy!
Annabel333

Replies

• suz2411
    suz2411 Posts: 33
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me. I'm doing the 30 ds as well and we can all use all the help we can get.

The 30 day shred is a Jillian Michaels workout in less than half an hour a day.
  • sarahnyy51
    sarahnyy51 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, good luck! I'm doing her Body Revolution programme, which is 30 minutes a day, but I did the 30DS a few months ago. It's a great programme, have fun with it!
  • suz2411
    suz2411 Posts: 33
    Options
    Im from australia and we dont get Jillian Michaels here.....we have the biggest loser but different trainers!
  • K1ting28
    Options
    Hi. Completely new to this but definitely interested! How can I find out more about the 30 day shred?
  • nikiamattazzi
    Options
    I just joined today! I am excited about this application. I NEED HELP!
  • loubutt75
    Options
    I did about 2 weeks in the summer and really noticed a difference. I need to get up the motivation to start again.
  • littlebre33
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred!! Today will be day one of level 2!! I watched it just to see what it entails and man... I am scared!! Good luck!! Feel free to add me if anyone needs a support buddy!! :)
  • pedsnure
    pedsnure Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start tonight! I'm going to visit my mom in a month and I don't want to look like this!!! Good Luck to all. Please add me!
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    hi , you can view the videos on you tube . I'm starting tomorrow .... I'm scared lol x
  • blue14butterfly
    Options
    Hello, I have been doing the 30 day shred for I think 5 or 6 days now. I have been tracking my calories on MFP and it tells me I should be eating 1200 which I have been doing I mean give or take cause some of the food I go to enter doesn't really come up on here. I haven't seen major results so Im not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong and unfortunately I didn't take before pictures. I also haven't made it to the store to get the weights but I was reading some people do it with out the weights has anyone had experience with this?
  • Annabel333
    Options
    I found it on YouTube. It was hard but I think I can stick with it!
  • _mel4nie
    Options
    So you didn't have to buy the dvd?
  • sambadancer10
    Options
    Have any of you guys been able to figure out how to log the 30ds or ANY others in your excersizes? I cant figure out how to do it. i have a TON of Jillians and the Tai bo ones and Insanity. I tried to look for any of them and cant get them to come up in the excesizes. So i have no clue how to do this. I could add them but wont know how many calories I burned or anything. Uggg
    Although right now I can only do the easier stuff. I had my pelvis titanium plated and screwed 3&1/2 months ago. (injuries sustained in a really bad car accident) But I am already walking on the treadmill and doing yoga and pilates. Anyway..
    Anyone know how to do the exercize thing for the videos?
  • LizC27
    LizC27 Posts: 11
    Options
    You can log the fitness dvd's under circuit training for however many minutes you do them for :)
  • lolaloveszumba
    lolaloveszumba Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just starting Shred (again) myself, and this is Day 1, Level 1. :-) I've done it before with success, and will be incorporating other workouts as well. Keep it up!!
  • lolaloveszumba
    lolaloveszumba Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can buy it and stream it from Amazon for something super-low (maybe $5?), and watch it in high quality. I bought the DVD, but I have used the stream-able version when I travel.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am also doing it via Youtube and am a couple of days in. Need to stretch my calves a lot as there is jumping and bouncing and they get tight. But it does have me dripping sweat within 10mins.

There is a Group set up - under the Community/Groups tab

:happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11127-30-day-shred-january-challengers
  • jess21687
    jess21687 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm still on Level 1 day 7. I was in terrible pain after day 1 (a little bit more out of shape than I thought) but stuck with it and it's SO much easier now. I've found that going for a walk or walking on the treadmill afterwards for even a mile helps me with the muscle soreness. All in all, it's a great DVD so far and even if I don't see huge WEIGHT loss, I know that I'm getting more fit with how much more energy I have and how much easier it is to keep up. Stick with it guys!!!
  • Zeppgirrl1316
    Zeppgirrl1316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I'm assuming I need to purchase the DVD where do I get it?