60 pounds down . . . with pictures ;)

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
I really enjoy looking at success stories and watching people change their lives and bodies for the better. I thought about waiting until I was done losing weight to post but I'm really happy with how far I've come along, even though I still have a little ways to go.

So I'm being a little post happy, BUT I hit 60 pounds down and I'm pretty excited, so here we go (I've posted some of these pictures before so sorry for the repeats, I don't have a lot, and I promise not to post again til I reach that final goal ;):

This past June I finally got tired of feeling so uncomfortable in my body. I also tipped the scales at 211 (I'm 5'6), which was the biggest I had EVER been and I just couldn't take it anymore. I started eating much better, I joined this site right away, and I started the couch to 5k program.

I've had a lot of NSV's along the way. I ran a 5k in 32:21 (I had never run before unless I had someone chasing me with a chainsaw). I went on to run a 8k at Busch Gardens in 54:14 and I am now training for a half marathon at the beginning of March.

So here are some pics. I would like to lose some more and work on toning up, but I am very happy with how far I've come. Thanks for all the support, you guys rock!!! I honestly wouldn't have stuck with it, without the support I've received on this site.

Here is me at about 205, after I already started MFP and running, down about 6 pounds (and yes, I was less than thrilled about having my picture taken, thus the facial expression):
rayr7k.jpg

This is about 186, well into the C25K program:
35mp6rr.jpg

This is me at 170, getting ready to go to my 10 year reunion (I'm getting old, ha):
10h6r6f.jpg

At a math conference for work in October, around 163 in jeans that fit!!
9gj5li.jpg

Right before Christmas (with my baby Gus!) at around 155 pounds
2cy5irp.jpg

And finally, getting ready to go out this past Saturday night, at 151 (I was feeling brave lol)
2yvja5w.jpg

Thanks for reading and I wish you all the best in your journey!!!!

Replies

• berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bump: Show me some love peoples ;)
  • misslaurie75
    misslaurie75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I am so proud of you! I am just starting out but have a similar goal and plan on doing the c25k, too! Congrats!!
  • katrien1
    katrien1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great :)
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Also, cute dog! Where can I get me one of those? :laugh:

Seriously, though, you should be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • 0shuna0ma
    Options
    wonderul! Congrats - you ought to be proud of yourself, you deserve it!
  • shaxnax
    shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wooot! Congratulations!
  • 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!! You look great!!
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you look really good! congrats on your progress!! :)
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good job, you look great. Congrats on all your hard work. Losing 60 lbs is no joke!!! :drinker:
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You looks amazing way to go
  • AzPie
    AzPie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You lost that weight pretty quickly too - you must've really run a tight ship! You look beautiful!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You look beyond amazing!!! Please add me as a friend. I have lost 30, gained 10. I have been logging for well over a year!!!
  • kiesha23
    Options
    Oooh love this! You look incredible. I'm always a fan of seeing girls my size/build lose weight, gets me extra motivated. I just think....oooh, so that's what I'll look like! Great job!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Go you!!! :)
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That's so amazing, and you look absolutely FABULOUS!! It's so inspiring!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Great last picture. You look happier. Great job all the way around.
  • jennine611
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! You look fabulous. YOU should be VERY proud of yourself!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • tutti777
    Options
    You look wonderful! You should toot your own horn. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures. You're a beautiful young lady....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!