So glad to be back, MFP saved my life

Options
I joined Myfitness about 5 years ago and I can tell you it is great! With the help of this page and taking up jogging I had reached my goal. I looked Terrific (I looked really Terrific!) and felt the best in my entire life. & I attibute loosing the weight to saving my life. Because I lost about 50 pounds, I was able to feel the lump. Yep you guessed it, Breast Cancer.
I have spent the last 3 1/2 years having multiple operation (about 12-14 depending including full mastectomy) and 18 months of chemo. I tried for a while to maintain my accomplishment, but some days it was impossible and to top it off I was put on some medications that included Steriods and other stuff that just put the pounds back on. I pretty much just took a breather from it for a while. After I was done with the chemo and my hair started to come back I signed up for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It was a goal to try and loose more weight. I did particpate, but I had completed another operation only 5 weeks prior and was not in any great shape to say the least.
This year I just had my last operation now 7 weeks ago and I am back on MFP! I am basically starting from scratch loosing it all again, but the bonus is I know I can do it because I did it before. I have already lost 3 pounds in only a week thanks to this page and I know by the time I do the Avon Walk again this September, I will be at my goal Weight! I can't wait to be in Santa Barbara in a bathing suite with my new boobs! Which I just got this last year. If you are interested in reading further on my Avon page it is AvonWalk.Org/GoTo/DonnaStevens

Replies

• txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow you are an inspiration to all. I am so glad you beat the cancer and are back with everyone on MFP.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I agree....complete and utter inspiration! You completely deserve a "You GO girl!!"....we're all right here with you and cheering you on!! Very impressive...
  • JamesGregory
    JamesGregory Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your posting. You are quite the survivor, and an inspiration to us all. You GO Girl!!!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!! What an amazing story
  • smile121
    smile121 Posts: 22
    Options
    That is amazing! you are so strong and have been through so much.. this will be nothing. Congratulations on beating the cancer, and good luck on your next journey : ):smile:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go on continually fighting breast cancer and coming back here. :smile:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    congrats on losing 50lbs before and beating breast cancer ...... best of luck to you ... your truely an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • PinkRibbons
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really feel like a survivor now and I appreciate all the wonderful wishes.
    :happy:
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really feel like a survivor now and I appreciate all the wonderful wishes.
    :happy:

Hey Girlfriend..High 5! :laugh: :tongue: :wink: Your my Hero!

Luv Ya