Anyone know of a good Cookbook?

Options
2»

Replies

• mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I really like the Skinnytaste website and the Hungry Girl book. I use these quite a bit and they don't taste "diet" so my family doesn't mind eating them either!
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Everyday Food Light is by far my fav cook book. I love it.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    All the Cooking Light books are good. The magazine is good as well.

I like the Cooking Light Magazine. And also what another poster said about taking any recipe and changing it up to fit what you want. I can always substitute maybe a lower calorie or lower fat ingredient, or leave something out that may not be as important to the recipe for it to still taste good. I collect cookbooks and can always find a way to put whatever I cook into my day.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The Poleski sisters cook books, Eatingwell.com and JM master your metabolism cookbook/
  • VDR928
    VDR928 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have hundreds (literally, since I love to cook and bake) of cookbooks, but I recently bought "Well Fed Paleo" and absolutely love everything I have tried! Be aware, though, that the cookbook is NOT low fat. (I eat lots of healthy, good fats). It is mainly main dishes and sauces and sides... some healthy desserts. I also love ALL of Maria Emmerich's cookbooks (from Maria's Healthy and Delicious Bites blog). She is fabulous for finding "healthified" versions of our favorite recipes and has many cookbooks on Amazon.
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    I love cookbooks, but find that everyone has different favorites. Some people want pictures, nutritional information , family friendly recipes, vegan, etc. I would highly recommend cruising your library's cookbook shelves or the cookbook section of your local bookstore. I like Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything". You may want to try out some websites with recipes such as the Eating Well (eatingwell.com), skinnytaste.com , theppk.com, skinnykitchen.com and happyherbivore.com. Many website authors have cookbooks in print as well.
  • The alchemists cookbook is pretty good.
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    I like Rachel Ray and modify it because I make all her receipts gluten free. Or you can go on food network and get any receipt you want and change it however you want. Be creative.