Who/What in music gets your blood pumping when working out?

Options
What's on your playlist?
I personally like Disturbed anything with screaming, Fear Factory, Linkin Park, Timbaland, Missy Elliott. Anything with a good beat that makes you feel the GRRRRR or gives you goosebumps or gives you that SEXY feeling. :devil:

Replies

• fernandocontreras24
    Options
    Since I like boxing, I listen to Roy Jones Jr CD, I like "Can't be touched".
  • Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For me it's Lecrae, Tedashii, tobymac, and Jesus Culture. Mostly upbeat worship music and christian rap =) Helps me keep focused
  • sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    80s and 90s music that has a good beat and i know all the words to!!! that always helps. then i know if im singing, and get winded, that i need to slow down my exercising.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Ooh and can't forget Nine Inch Nails. :heart: I love them. I listen to anything. Great tastes so far!!
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Broadway musicals. :embarassed:
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Beastie Boys, but my user name should have made that one obvious.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    arch enemy, delain, korpiklaani, arkona, children of bodom. pretty much anything angry sounding. ;)
  • jodilo88
    Options
    I don't have a playlist persay, I just use the workout music (particularly country or pop/hip-hop) on my Pandora app on my iPhone.
  • anthonyt086
    Options
    Push Em by Travis Barker & Yelawolf is my favorite song to run to right now. I like listening to Rise Against , old Green Day, & Memphis May Fire. There is a band called Heart To Heart who i've been listening to a lot at the gym as well
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I mix it up, but lately I've gone for the fun punk stuff from my youth like NoFx and The Vandals.

Before I was doing a lot of indie pop like Black Kids and Metric.
  • greenmm1980
    greenmm1980 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pound the Alarm station on Pandora. Just be careful not to shake your rear while on the treadmill. Trust me, not a good idea, lol.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It'not music, but I love to watch reruns of Saturday Night Live on Netflix while I'm on the elliptical. I think laughing while I do my cardio gives me a little extra burn as well!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No preference of genre, but while working out, I prefer something angry (ie, Rage Against the Machine).
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Steve Niks does it for me.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I mix up my playlist.....lately I get pumped when Sure Shot by the Beastie Boys comes on...."cause we can't, we won't and we don't stop!!!"
  • OlyOtis
    OlyOtis Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Rob Bailey and the Hustle!!!!
  • livingdeadlifter
    Options
    It depends. Some days I need something with heavy bass, like Le1f or Macklemore, or something that makes me feel like a badass lady like Erykah Badu or Esperanza Spalding or something.
  • ahallen83
    ahallen83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need to listen to reall y energetic music while I'm working out, so I tend to listen to lots and lots of house and club music with some top 40 mixed with aggresive, clubby hip hop. Dada Life, David Guetta, Dr Dre, Justice, Snoop, Kesha etc etc. Not the kind of stuff I listen to outside of the gym, I need to feel like it's a party when I'm working out :)
  • whitesox56
    Options
    NWO by Ministry does it for me. I run twice as hard when that song comes on my playlist. Same thing with with Aces High by Iron Maiden and Master of Puppets by Metallica.
  • Missfitz1967
    Options
    Ministry of sound...it's just the right beat for the treaddie.
    oh - and Bob Sinclair Rock this Party.

Love Scooter for Combat classes...plenty more