Meal bars/protein bar recommendations

Options
I recently stopped my Nutrisystem delivery because of various reasons, but I love their lunch bars. Does anyone have recommendations of other comparable bars I can get at the grocery stores that are affordable and don't taste too bad?

One example has the following nutrition info:
Calories-200
Protein-13g
Fat-7g
Sat. Fat-4.5g
Chol.-0mg
Sodium-200mg
Carb-25g
Fiber-3g
Sugars-12g

Thanks!

Replies

• yogakatie
    Options
    The zone bars are pretty good and close in nutrition info. They also sell them in bulk at Costco.
  • emilybrianne15
    Options
    This is a great topic idea! Thanks for posting it. I went on Nutrisystem and also enjoyed the lunch bars. Unfortunately I dont have any replacement ideas for them, but Im anxious to see if other people can recommend some! :)
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    I eat Atkins protein bars daily.

They are a generally a great source of protein (meal bars 180 cal-250 cal with 15g-17g of protein).
    They have fat and fiber, which helps fill you up.

The snack bars and shakes are good, too.

The best thing is, they have very little sugar.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I love the Pure Protein Revolution chocolate peanut caramel bars at Wal Mart. 180 cals/17 g carbs/6 g fat/20 g protein

I don't eat them as a total meal replacement, just something to get me through until I get to work and eat a real breakfast, and it helps get my protein up for the day.
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    luna bars

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 170
    Calories from fat 50

Total Fat 5 g 8%
    Sat Fat 3.5 g 18%
    Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 250mg 10%
    Potassium 150mg 4%
    Total carb. 20g 7%
    Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
    Insoluble Fiber 1g
    Sugars 13G
    Other Carb 4g
    Protein 12g 24%
    Vit A 10%, Vit. C 20% Calcium 25% Iron 15% Vit D 15%, Vit E 30%, Thiamin 9(b1) 10%, Riboflavin (b2) 10%, Niacin (b3) 10% , Vit. B6 20%, Folate (b9) 30% and Vit B12 20%
  • oldguy53
    Options
    I tend to eat Quest Bars; not cheap, internet only, but high in protein and fiber.
    I would be interested in any lower sodium bars out there. Quest bars tend to be in the 250-300 mg range. Any ideas?

Example: Cinnamon Roll: 170 cal; 6g fat (0 saturated or Trans) Sodium 300 mg, Total Carb 24, fiber 17, sugars 1, sugar alcohol 6. Some bars are in 210 cal range. One of these and a handful of nuts is a good lunch on the go.
  • caseyg9888
    Options
    GNC and Vitamin Shoppe have Quest bars.
  • oldguy53
    Options
    Thanks! Did not know that!
  • FitHolly8
    FitHolly8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like the Kind bars because they're about 10g of protein and contain only healthy ingredients.
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    Pure Protein PB, Luna cookie Dough, and Zone Mint ones are my favorite
  • SGocka
    SGocka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like the Kind bars because they're about 10g of protein and contain only healthy ingredients.

Kind bars are awesome. I eat them quite a bit.
  • TheMoonMuse
    TheMoonMuse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Perfect Foods Bars, they aren't super high in protein. However they are soy free and soy and me are not friends. Actually we are working our way up to becoming mortal enemies.

Does anyone out there have suggestions for soy free bars?
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love my Luna bars!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    i've been eating the Balance Bar Bare's lately, and then Nugo Slim, sometimes clif body builders.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I love my Luna bars!

Me too! Luna Protein are wonderful! I prefer the chocolate peanut butter ones. Also they are gluten free!

I also love Kind bars but they are more a snack than a protein bar for me, but if you find the dark chocolate nuts and sea salt, those taste amazing and are low in sugar.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein (20g protein) and Premier Nutrition (30g protein) make some pretty good protein bars.
  • S8i8
    S8i8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bake your own! Here is an AWESOME tasting recipe (Gluten-free, Soy-free, Dairy-free)

Cashew Craisin Orange Zip Bar

2 C. Cashew Butter
    1-3/4 C. Sunwarrior Natural Protein Powder (http://www.sunwarrior.com/) or www.Azurestandard.com or Amazon...
    1 C. Agave nectar
    1 C. Dried Craisins
    1 C. Cashew pieces
    1-1/2 C. Brown rice crisp cereal
    1/2 C. Tapioca flour
    2 teaspoons Salt
    2 Tablespoons Orange zest
    ¼ to1/2 C. Orange juice
    Mix well together, press into bar pan. ( I use Pampered Chef 16x 11” pan ). Bake at 350°F for 8 min., Cut into bars about 3”x1-1/2” each to make about 27 bars. Keep in tightly sealed container to keep moist.

236 cal, 26 carb, 11 fat, 11 protien, 164 sodium
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I do Think Thin bars. They're 200- 240 calories depending on the kind you get and they have 20g of protein in each. :D
  • Jermski
    Jermski Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been using the NuGo bars recently. They're all natural, have lots of flavor and they're UNDER 200 calories!! You can get them at Costco in a large variety box. So far, they've been great!!
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Atkins, South Beach, & Slim Fast, have good meal replacement bars, I eat one for breakfast every day with a piece of fruit.