Good luck :) and welcome.
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • SGocka
    SGocka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't ever tell yourself otherwise. All you need is determination.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started with a goal of 150 pounds to lose, feel free to add me
  • bobbiesinger6971
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
  • sweetkarin
    sweetkarin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. it seems like a scary thought when you want to lose 50 pounds or 100 pounds or even more. I have been here just a few days and it seems everyone is very welcoming and supportive of everyone. It is good to weigh yourself at least 1 day a week or every other week but if you stay on your calorie intake and exercise you will lose inches.. If pound wise you don't loose look at your inches.. anything you lose inches or pounds is letting you go closer to your goal.. You are welcome to add me if you would like. I went from 525 to 286 now i just need to get down to 145-150..
  • n2zealCarolynFile
    Options
    Hi, all! I am looking for contacts in order to keep motivated, especially when (or if) I start to "plateau". I started on the Zeal for Life Health and Wellness, as well as the Weight Management plan on January 2nd. So far it has been great--I have lost eighteen pounds, eliminated my daily 12 cups of coffee and 2 - 3 5-Hour Energy drinks, and even reduced my daily insulin intake by half. And I feel great! I do need to start on an exercise program, though! Anyone else interested, I would love to inspire and be inspired by you!
    I have a lot of weight to lose (ideally, about 125 pounds), but I just haven't been able to as yet. I hope that, together, we can all help each other! Have a wonderful and blessed day!
  • mheberle
    mheberle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make your weekly weight loss goal achievable. I started with one pound a week. I had less than 30 pounds to lose. I lose slowly so I decided to start slow. The goal is to lose slow and steady so your losses stay losses and your body will adjust. Logging every meal with this program is so easy compared to other plans I have followed. And a real eye opener once you realize how many empty calories are part of your day consumption. Add exercise, but again slowly. Gang busters just don't work for most of us. As you slowly increase your activity and slowly lose weight your energy level will soar and you are more likely to stick to the process. I wish you well. Remember small steps make take longer but the rewards will last as these changes will become a natural part of you life. Again, good luck. Oh yeah, none of like the scale but bite the bullet once a week and up or down it is still a good indicator of how you are doing.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you. Feel free to add if you need another supporter
  • wdwgirl3
    wdwgirl3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat:) feel free to add me s well:)
  • pamelabc
    Options
    I too had mega weight to lose...still need to lose 60lbs+. One of the most helpful things I've learned is drink my water! it really flushes the body - dark circles under eyes are fading & if you do have a bad day it usually does not show on the scales. It really helps the body operate correctly.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've never had such a response to a post before. Thank you all so much for your tips and tricks and motivational words.

I'm inspired that this is the year I WILL change!

Good luck to everyone on their weightloss challenges. I look forward to catching up with you all to see how you are doing. :smile: