a way to have a cocktail without REALLY having a cocktail

Options
I am sitting here enjoying my 68 calorie cocktail. I just put half a packet of crystal light (Wild Strawberry- Energy @5 cals) into 16 ounces of water, added a slice of lime, lots of ice and 1 ounce of Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Coconut Rum @ 63 cals. So good and makes me feel like I am really indulging when I am really not. Hey! I might even have 2 tonight!

Replies

• cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    That is a FABULOUS idea! Thanks for sharing. Now I need to buy some alochol to make my own drinks. The beer I drink at 175 calories per each one :(
  • rhodacrook
    Options
    I know! I was craving SOMETHING tonight and just didn't want to waste the rest of my cals on a beer or a glass of wine. This is a good alternative AND I don't feel so guilty. PLUS all the water in it fills you up and makes you feel like you're getting more to drink.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, but with vodka and Talking Rain sparkling water. The vodka is about 50-60 calories and the water had no calories, carbs, sodium, or sugar!
  • rhodacrook
    Options
    oooo. Thats even better! I'll have to try that one. See! They can't keep us from having our fun! LOL!
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    I make martinis with vodka, vermouth and a green olive in my magic bullet! wow! Not sure of the calorie count!:flowerforyou:
  • angelface12004
    Options
    great idea, i also don't want to use my calories on beer or wine, this is perfect :)
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'll take a couple too! :drinker:
  • Ecourter22509
    Options
    ya im a wine drinking and hate haveing to plan on drinking a glass of wine and giveing up eating, lol these are great ideas thanx ladies!!!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    ...pass a few this way!! :drinker:
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    Haven't tried crystal light but that sounds good enough to try! Thanks for the tip!
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When i was pregnant I used to drink diet tonic with a bunch of lime in it (on ice), so I could feel like I was drinking
    when I wasn't. Believe it or not that trick still works. You never really can taste the vodka anyway (unless you put
    too much). Tonight I had two tumblers of diet tonic and lime on ice --weird, but I still can't tell the difference and I
    dont miss out.

P.S. No one gives me a hard time about "not drinking" either -- cause they think I am

I love trickery ... Here's to you !!
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did not know coconut rum was only 63 cals a shot WOW! That is one for the books thanks for sharing

FYI: I just looked up Malibu which is my fav and that one only has 51 cals
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There should be a "like" button for things like this!! That sounds like a great summer drink! When I feel like a beer I have a Molson 67, it's only 67 calories and it's really good! Cheers! :drinker:
  • sessy1011
    sessy1011 Posts: 30
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Big bump and a huge thank you! :)
  • nicolel18
    nicolel18 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have also used lime Crystal light to replace margarita mix which significantly cuts down the calories of a margarita. I just used tequila which 1 1/2 oz has 97 calories and 1 1/2oz of triple sec have about 70 calories and then 5 calories for the crystal light. It tastes just like a regular margarita just not as sweet.