It is 8:45pm and I still have 396 calories?

Options
At this time of night with 396 calories still available to me, should I still try to use some of those in a snack? Should I just call it a day? I really did great today as far as ignoring my gnawing appetite. Maybe I ignored it too much? Would a bowl of honey nut cheerios or a pack of oats and dark chocolate granola bars really be so bad? What would you do if it were you? :huh:

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Eat all of them calories or give them to me. Your choice
  • cetim
    cetim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    have a snack. I just got back from the gym and am going to have a snack, before bed.
  • CCJP
    CCJP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue (I have 273 left.) I'm not hungry, so I hate to eat just to get up to my daily allowance, but at the same time I know it's not good to be so far under...
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat. If not, don't. Simple.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I would check to see what nutrients I was missing and them eat something appropriate, Do you need calcium, protein, carbs? You need balance as much as calories.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This was me last night. Only it was 6:45... but you could still do what I did. I made chocolate milk with 2% milk and sugar free Hershey's syrup and had a Fiber One brownie. I used 12 oz of milk tho. :D
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    Options
    That's my every day. :) I usually opt for a bowl of Fibre 1 Crunchy Cereal in almond milk with fruit and berries. Only 150 calories and really fills me up. If I'm still hungry after that I'll eat some fruit, a peach, apricot, or some strawberries - yum.
  • ashleyranae09
    Options
    Being 400 calories under your goal can be detrimental to your weight loss. Your body can be fooled into thinking it is starving and then go into super fat-storing mode. I'd eat a snack for sure. Just make sure it is very low in sugar/carbs. As long as you are going to be awake for about 2 more hours, you should be good to have a healthy snack.
  • LacyJean1
    LacyJean1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If your hungry grab a healthy snack.
  • mhncaldwell
    mhncaldwell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have a piece of frui (a nice crunchy apple :-) ) and go to bed!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Have a tablespoon peanut butter, helps with the extra calories
  • Garlicmash
    Options
    I would only eat them if i was hungry or I was on the lowest calorie allowence.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have 845 and I didn't even exercise today just not hungry.

I'll eat more tonight or I'll eat more tomorrow.

I find weekly totals more important than daily.

Sometimes I'll have days where I eat like 600 calories (I know not healthy but sometimes it just happens) but then other days I eat 1800 and and am normally right on target with my weekly totals. It really depends on if I take my medication or not which bothers my stomach or how busy/stressed I am which makes me not hungry.

Some of my go to foods for upping my calories are peanut butter, nuts, avacado, pasta. cereal... all of these gets your cals up pretty fast. Peanut butter is perfect for when you're not really hungry cos a couple spoonfuls and you're consuming a couple hundred.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I aud about that many
    Eft and ate 20 almonds and drank aprotien shake. Still under, but not as much and I got my protein in.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat. If not, don't. Simple.

I second this one.
  • wirthit612
    wirthit612 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It comes off faster if you don't eat them. :) I have 483 left today and I will not be eating them. I will however, drink a ton of water before bed and probably go to bed by 10:30 so I don't have any late night urges. :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Eat! You have the calories and are hungry, you can't ignore your hunger when it is keeping you awake when you need to sleep!
  • carmelvalleyite
    Options
    I'm usually under my calories of 1200 because I'm very selective what I eat. So I eat a lot but low calorie foods. I found if I
    stick with the 1200 calories a day, I don't lose weight. If you're not hungry, go to sleep and you'll be happy in the morning.
  • wilksk
    wilksk Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually try not to eat late at night if Im not hungry, because once I do>>>>I cant stop!! I've been trying to have a piece of fruit or a glass of red wine. :happy:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I see one person say apples, another saying peanut butter? APPLES AND PEANUT BUTTER! MMMM...... Thanks!