friends in their 20's!

Options
I would like to add some friends on MFP in their 20's with about 50 - 100 lbs to lose, for some support and encouragement! Being in my early 20's, it is sometimes difficult to go out and have fun with friends and diet at the same time but with some support and encouragement, i think it would be a bit easier :) add me if you would like

Replies

• loganrae10
    Options
    it is hard! especially when your friends are like "lets have this pizza loaded with crap we don't need to be eating!" I'm glad there are other young people here who feel my pain!
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 :) adding ya
  • deticxe
    deticxe Posts: 17
    Options
    Going out for drinks is what gets me lol, i can chase rum with water but then all i want to eat is salt after that! haha
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm good at saying no to all the bad foods, but get a couple of shots in me and inhibitions get real low. Plus there's like 100 cals in a shot >:(
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try flavored vodkas in soda water, or rum and diet coke. Sometimes you're just going to want a margarita, but if it's your usual happy hour/Friday night out, give it a shot. I know a girl who gets vodka and water. Never tried it, but it definitely cut down on her calories and gives her some water for hydration.

And I know this sounds weird, but if it is a restaurant/bar ask for sliced cucumbers. They're crunchy and have a high water content.
  • krickan03
    krickan03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 26 and have at least 75 pounds to lose. I agree it is hard to be on a "diet" or be losing weight as a young person. At least we are young and can still be active to help lose it! Feel free to add me!
  • 6ee8ee
    6ee8ee Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 26 and have 100 pounds to lose. I would love to have you as a friend, and also anyone else! :)
  • 21 year old in college. It's so hard to balance workouts and a diet when all anyone wants to do is order wings/pizza or go drinking and then end the night with fried food : /

New to here, but feel free to enlist me as a workout buddy!
  • aspireforfitness
    Options
    I'll add you! :)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    21 year old in college. It's so hard to balance workouts and a diet when all anyone wants to do is order wings/pizza or go drinking and then end the night with fried food : /

New to here, but feel free to enlist me as a workout buddy!
    i feel ya ! i just sit there and watch em eat it haha
  • aspireforfitness
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm good at saying no to all the bad foods, but get a couple of shots in me and inhibitions get real low. Plus there's like 100 cals in a shot >:(

Yess! I so understand! Alcohol has a lot of calories but it's so awesome! :/
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 26 and looking to lose about 100. Feel free to add me.
  • xXYanixX
    Options
    im 22 feel free to add me :) anyone
  • Chakiri
    Chakiri Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm 22 with 77lbs to lose!
    I definitely want friends I can relate to! Anyone feel free to add me! :D
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, and looking to lose about 60ish more. (Though I'm not entirely sure if I'll go that far, thinking 45 might be better for my frame.)
  • francine470
    francine470 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    im 26.. i have about 50 more pds to lose..feel free to add me
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and have already lost more than 60 pounds with a few more to go, always happy to make new friends on here :)
  • Mloveb913
    Mloveb913 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    YES ADD ME!!! EVERYBODY ADD ME I LOVE HAVING MFP FRIENDS IS SO INCOURAGING, IM A SERIOS LOSER I LOG IN EVERYDAY, I GO TO THE GYM EVERYDAY!! ADD ME PPL!!!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 (gah starting to feel old!!) and have about 80ish to lose...I know what you mean about going out..but I think it's a balanced line you have to watch....On one hand, your friends should be supportive about trying to change your lifestyle....on another, you should (In moderation!!) have some things you like...I find it's about balancing things...if you're going to dinner AND going out...either have a big dinner and not so much alcohol, or get a salad (or something healthy) and have a few drinks. As a rule I try to cut corners here and there....I LOVE Margs, but unless they're the "skinny" kind, I don't drink them....cut out the ranch dressing, mayo, etc. Or if I know I'm going out or have a big weekend coming up I'll really hit the gym hard prior to it.
  • hereisgone125
    hereisgone125 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here, 25 with about (yikes) 100 to lose. Feel free to add me!