Zumba?

Options
Hey all I am hoping to go to a Zumba class this evening at my gym. How many of you have ever done it and is it fun?

Replies

• cpatt
    cpatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy it! Let us know how it goes.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Zumba is SO fun!
  • samsonov77
    samsonov77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor...LOVE IT :) and I burn about 650 calories each class :) HAVE FUN!!
  • tairui2009
    tairui2009 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    They have several classes at the local gym, and some of my girlfriends LOVE it ~ it looks fun, and sexy too. You should have a great time!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    ooooh its fun and wonderful and you sweat !!!! oh my gosh you sweat :D

i dont have a gym for it but im using my home vids for it :) and boooooy do i love it :D i want more of it later :D
  • Ashybeth
    Ashybeth Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks all! I does look like so much fun and I always forget about it. Its only on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. So glad I remembered today so I can make it on time lol. And thank you again for the input. I am excited! especially about the calories I am about to burn hehehe.
  • msspriss
    msspriss Posts: 14
    Options
    I just went to my first class last night, to try it. I won't be able to go regularly until after my May intercession class, which means I won't start really until June. I loved it!

I am currenly online trying to scope out the best shoes for Zumba as we speak....

I am going to get the DVDs though and do it some on my own while taking my class, but I don't know how much time I will have.
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Zumba!!! I don't even consider it working out because it's like a dance party every time.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Have to agree, love Zumba too :laugh:
  • Coolbean
    Coolbean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been to 2 classes and I really enjoyed them!
  • Ashybeth
    Ashybeth Posts: 16
    Options
    Let me know what you find out about shoes. I feel I wasnt wearing a good pair for anything to do with dancing. I should know better having been in dancing before! haha
  • zionjeannine
    zionjeannine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    love it!!!!!!!, sooo much fun:bigsmile:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Zumba instructor, but I burn only around 350 calories. The class is a ton of fun, but just like any other form of cardio you need to shake it up, when I first started teaching I burned way more calories, now not so much, my body is just too accustomed

Just a note on the shoes...I do it barefoot!
  • msspriss
    msspriss Posts: 14
    Options
    Just a note on the shoes...I do it barefoot!

I decided to do the DVDs barefoot, but I will probably wear shoes when I go to the gym.