I just didn't walk away!!!!!

Options
Yep!! Folks in my department brought in all kinds of pastries, and what looked like a suiflett (I don't know how to spell this, sorry), as well as muffins and cakes, and miniature candy bars!:noway:

I fell hard!! I had a choice and I didn't walk away from it. I had my own lunch, which I ate. But, I didn't get away from the other stuff. I kept going back. I felt like a junkie getting his fix.

Then, suddenly I felt eyes on me--or it was just my guilt looking at me.:embarassed:

I wouldn't grudge myself getting a little snack, but man! This was rediculous. I was going to run, but my wife is working late and I can't go.

I'm probably asking for comfort and support. Maybe, I just need a punch in the face! (well, let's not get crazy. lol)

I've just got to find my mojo I had when it didn't matter if I ate that stuff or not. Where did it go?!?!?!?! Ughhh!:mad:

Y'know, honestly, I thought that I could keep a focused mind in this, but apparently, I can't. I've said before that I'm not a fighter.

But, I'm ticked. And, I'm going to fight this. Besides... my wife's other-half and my little boy's dad is worth it!!

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day! Let today go as a day with a lesson learned. It is hard to resist goodies and sometimes you just have to say "yes" to some of those "bad" things. In time, you'll learn to resist those temptations brought in by others. Hang in there!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    as a "wife" and mother, I can say you're exactly right...good for you.
  • chimelle
    chimelle Posts: 6
    Options
    you know what Murdog... if I've not learned anything else in all my years of dieting, it's that you can't "beat yourself up" every time you slip!!! Just get right back on the wagon and start over again! Keep your chin up and try to get in a little more exercise to make up for the slip!!! U R right, you are worth it!!! Good Luck!
    Michelle
  • chicka200413
    Options
    I slipped up today too. My office had a ice cream party. i first got one scoop with chocolate sauce, caramel and nuts... but it was so good... . i went in for a second scoop. I felt horrible about it... but i must admit, it was REALLY good. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Man, don't worry! I ate 935 calories in donuts for breakfast, lol!!! But I kept healthy the rest of the day, I'm going to have a fairly normal workout and I've got about 70 calories LEFT as of now and I know I'll be doing some more general walking about/burning little calories the rest of the night.
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No big deal!! Like everyone else has said, it's only one day. Just get back on the wagon and don't give up! You've got a ton of support on here because we're all going through the same stuff as you. I ate a ton of chocolate yesterday because I was really stressed out, but I let it go and I moved on and started over today. One day of binging won't kill you. Try to do some situps and pushups before bed tonight to burn a few calories. One day at a time is how it's done! Good luck. :)
  • Murdog
    Murdog Posts: 70
    Options
    Hey, thanks y'all. I need to shake it off. I need to hit the "reset" button!:wink:

Have a great evening everybody!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    It's true, yesterday, I totally murdered a half a jar of peanut butter. On my plan, peanuts period are a no no. But man, I just couldn't leave it alone! I started to just write my day off after that, knowing I'd taken in waaayy too many calories and carbs. But at the end of the day, I decided if I was going to be successful at this deal long-term, I had to hold myself up for that slip, and I did. Turned out, I was still under calories and carbs, thanks to two power walks with the puppy, and I felt much better about myself just acknowledging that I'd slipped and that it was ok. It's going to happen. It's life.

And you know what, too, my stomach hurt all afternoon! Was it worth it?

Oh yeah. :wink:
    :flowerforyou: