2 weeks into the new year - struggling?

Options
2»

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

So we are now 2 weeks into the new year and I'm sure we all started it with good intentioned - I know I did. But, is anyone else struggling yet?

if you're trying to lose weight by putting yourself on a restrictive diet, then you are likely setting yourself up for long term failure.

however, if you are learning about your BMR/TDEE and true daily calorie and macro needs, and then working to meet those goals while still having a moderate daily calorie deficit, you can lose weight eating whatever you want to eat (within reason).

if you have not been approaching the problem this way, then today is the day to learn how and today is the day to understand that losing weight and getting fit doesn't have to be a struggle at all.

read what's posted in this group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • Stats606
    Options
    Great to hear people's stories :) When trying to stick things like this you sometimes feel completely alone - especially when I still see all my friends going out, drinking copious amounts of alcohol and eating all the fast food they want!

Its good to know we're not alone!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    From Christmas Eve I started on maintenance calories as I'd hit my goal weight, this ment quite a large increase in calories so for the first couple of weeks I registered a gain, which as I've been informed is only to be expected when you start re-introducing certain foods. However during this time my motivation slipped and I felt like I was close to giving up, but I kept going and as of this morning all the weight gained has gone and 1/2 lbs on top :)

'when going through hell keep going'
  • kam4jam
    Options
    So far I'm like a yoyo weight gain/weight loss... struggling to stay on track with weightloss.... I suffer from SAD too..... the weather has a HUGE impact on me wanting to eat junk food and sleep instead of exercising and eating healthy. I stopped using MFP for 2 weeks, but today I decided to get back on track... I will be happy when the sunshine stays for a while..
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing ok but haven't yet lost the Christmas excess - put on 4 still 2.5 to lose. BIt peeved about that as I had hoped to be moving on by now. Giving myself til Mid Feb to lose those 2.5 and another 7 so I'm just focussing on the light at the end of the tunnel - surely it's not a train!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If you're struggling, it's probably because you're trying to restrict yourself which usually doesn't end well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sweetpickles99
    Options
    I've lost 9lbs since Jan 1st, which is great...My goal is to lose 10lbs a month..I have alot of weight to lose so I think that is a good goal for me..I just need to get in more exercise.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol NO

two weeks? cmon
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    welp, 2yrs. later and I'm STILL struggling. Better struggle towards your goals than away right? RIGHT ! :):tongue:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    welp, 2yrs. later and I'm STILL struggling. Better struggle towards your goals than away right? RIGHT ! :):tongue:

/thread

perfect answer
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

/thread

perfect answer

yepyepyepyep
    328.gif
  • karlacarman
    karlacarman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find myself very motivated this year... perhaps the fact that I'm turning the BIG 40 has me in check! So far so good... I am feeling a little sluggish today...perhaps a case of the Mondays! Nothing a good workout will not beat out of me! ;) Make it a great week y'all!!!!
  • Stats606
    Options

Agreed :)
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one, I'm not struggling with food so much, (apart from not eating enough!) but the scales part. I know numbers are just that, numbers, not a reflection of how I look in the mirror or feel, but I just want that little plastic pointer to ease up a bit!!

BUT, It only moves if I move, so here's to another MFP week and just keep on keepin on!
  • FHodgson
    FHodgson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've found it surprisingly easy so far, even having difficulty eating up to my calorie goal on most days, and I've exercised every day except 2, both of which were due to absolutely no time rather than me not wanting to. I'm thoroughly disheartened this morning to find that after losing 4lb last week I have put 1lb back on this week. I know weight on the scales is not the be all and end all but I feel like I've got such a lot to lose it would be nice if I was losing some, even slowly!

Not giving up though

Frances
  • Stats606
    Options
    Sound's like you're all doing great :) I think I'm finding it difficult simply because I've literally never had to be this disciplined before. I've always exercised but the watching what I eat (and drink :/) is the tough part!
  • blubberbegone1976
    blubberbegone1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling. But with SAD and the weather we've been having, I know the reason. I'm just ready for spring and to be able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine!

I'm maintaining my weight, but not losing anymore, either!

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. I look out of the window and it's snowing at present - what I would do for a bit of warmth and sun

Be careful what you wish for, I'm in Australia and it's been HOT. The heat makes me feel lethargic so working out has to be indoors and early in the morning before it gets too hot.

But not struggling - I struggled more early on, now I've strung 2 good weeks together, I'm in a routine of exercise, I'm gaining momentum. Just a little disappointed it's not yet reflected in the scales. Tomorrow is a red-flag day for me though so I have to use every bit of willpower to overcome those obstacles...