Replies

• Evanstl
    Evanstl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I LOVE GEOCACHING!!!!!!
  • ecjak2
    ecjak2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this post. I love the fact that you eat all your calories that you burn. Life is too short to constantly deprive ourselves. I don't look at this new thing I'm doing as a diet & I sure as heck don't say that there are any foods that are off limits. If I want it, I have it. If I go over my calorie's for the day, I just know to do better the next day. I can't do this & be miserable. We all have to do what works for us. You rock!!
  • Texgal9816
    Texgal9816 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Candy Cane Lane. Too bad Christmas is over. :(

The next thing too look forward to is the summer and all the festivals. And swim suit season!

I loved the festivals in Milwaukee there are so many! We didn't make it to as many as I would have liked to but I went to Summerfest every year we lived there! And the lake. I'm sure your looking forward to the summer.
  • LisaGillum
    Options
    To those of us that have taken this journey a few times (or more), to see those of you that have had success reaching that 100lb milestone gives that extra push to press through the plateaus and soldier on! And it's refreshing to see someone that EATS and has been successful! Good luck to you!
  • amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm 5'5 and my heaviest recorded weight was 242 - I have lost 60lbs so far but scared about excess skin, because my belly doesn't look too good at the moment. It may tighten up once I have lost all the weight but I can't help but be worried. Have you found excess skin an issue?

I do have a little, but I think it is tightening up now that I do strenth training. I don't think I look as saggy. Lol
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

I plan on walking more this year, but not until it warms up. I can't stand cold weather and can't imagine walking in it. :frown:
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am also 5'3". I enjoyed your story.
  • amsthegreat
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

I plan on walking more this year, but not until it warms up. I can't stand cold weather and can't imagine walking in it. :frown:

I love cold weather! I think my favorite time to walk is while it's snowing. However, I don't like walking when the sidewalks are icy. I hate walking in the rain and I'm not a fan of wind unless it's warm outside.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Great post! Well done!
  • amsthegreat
    Options
    If you'd like to see pics of my transformation, go here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/839527-100-lbs-later-before-and-after-pics
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    One Word ~ Fabulous!
  • OCTOBERLISA
    OCTOBERLISA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    awesome.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You're awesome. I love you!
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

I love cold weather! I think my favorite time to walk is while it's snowing. However, I don't like walking when the sidewalks are icy. I hate walking in the rain and I'm not a fan of wind unless it's warm outside.

Holy cats! More amazing! All of you cold weather people deserve awards!

I'm such a chicken I joined a gym because I can't stand running (or skating, working out-whatever) outside if it's colder than 74!

I lived in Vegas for some years and walked everywhere!
  • candypa
    candypa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Contradulations on your weight lose. It was a great hint about adding back the calories that you burnt. My dr. told me not to add the calories back in. But sometimes I was just so hungry. You were successful and you added the calories back in. Yeah.

I am on two appetite suppresants. I am wondering what is going to happen when I come off of them. Will I gain it all back again and more.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Doing some quick math I figured you must have been walking 12+ miles a day. How far is it to your work and gym?

That's a lot of walking.

And congratulations to you and thank you for sharing your secrets.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I like the bit about groceries--the only alternative I have to schlepping groceries is delivery, and I much prefer the schlepping for a variety of reasons unrelated to weight loss. I never thought about how much caloric energy it actually takes to get them this way, though :)
  • MsLTJ71
    MsLTJ71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Excellenr work! This is just the info I need for encouragement!!! YOU ROCK!!!
  • amsthegreat
    Options

Holy cats! More amazing! All of you cold weather people deserve awards!

I'm such a chicken I joined a gym because I can't stand running (or skating, working out-whatever) outside if it's colder than 74!

I lived in Vegas for some years and walked everywhere!

Yikes! I hate hot weather. I would probably have a heat stroke.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!