710 calories!!!

Options
Holy crap!! I just looked up the salad i ate for lunch and it had 710 calories! (einstein bros chicken chipotle)I only ate about half of it, and i ate all the chicken with like two drops of the sauce. To me that just seems crazy!!!!!:noway:

Replies

• becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's very surprising.. I guess salads can be sneaky -- you think you're eating a low-calorie lunch, but WHAM!! 710 calories!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    BEWARE! Salads can be very sneaky, especially when you start adding dressing.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It was a nice healthy 100 calorie salad with 100 calories of chicken. Then they added 250 calories of breading on the chicken and 250 calories on dressing,,, :angry:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Might as well get what you really want. A couple of years ago I got a chicken salad at Arby's thinking it would be better than a regular sandwich. Found out later it was 1200 calories. I was pissed.
  • medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Many of the salads at Panera are really bad for you too. Be careful. They should have the nutritional info there if you ask. But they won't provide it if you don't ask. I don't think they want you to know!
  • ilovehkn
    ilovehkn Posts: 57
    Options
    lol, they should post nutritional value everywhere, on the walls. Let us know what we are getting into!
  • CSimpson
    CSimpson Posts: 20
    Options
    I was at Panera last weekend with my boyfriend and we were both surprised to see that Panera did have nutritional information posted on the boards when ordering. I know they provide only the calories for half and whole sandwhiches, didn't really look at the salads or anything else. Most websites have nutritional information online so if your eating out for lunch or dinner, I would suggest looking at the online menus before ordering. If the information isn't available, look at Calorie King.
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    For most salads, the salad dressing covers close to half of the calories and the added meat covers forty % of it, and 10% of the total calories is from the actual "salad" part of the salad.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I always ask for grilled chicken, and I always bring my own dressing.
  • itzabug72
    itzabug72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same thing, i went to earls and got a chicken caesar salad and wow it was over 500cal. It's true salads can be tricky