Are your goals to loose 50lb+?

Options
2»

Replies

• action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You can put me down on that list. I actually want to lose about 200 total. October 1, 2012 starting weight 347, current weight 293, goal weight 135. I have been heavy ever since high school. Actually I was overweight as a child, slimmed up for a couple of years during junior high, but then got heavy again. I injured my knee last September and that's what actually motivated me to get started. I was having trouble walking.
  • jbirdica
    jbirdica Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica and I am 5'2". I had my son at 21 years old and was 240 at my highest weight; that was in 2008. My husband left me and my son in 2010. Fall 2011 I weighed 232 pounds and I decided I needed to do something for myself and my son and lose some weight. I ended up losing 50 pounds in 6 months. i was so excited! Then 2012 came... had a horrible year and gained 20 pounds back... So I said enough is enough 2013 is going to be my year and just get to it. So I joined MFP at the beginning of January weighing 203 pounds. I have lost 8 pounds since then. Looking to lose a total of 70 pounds!
  • beachmom617
    Options
    My goal is to loose 50lbs but 5lbs at a time. This Thursday will be 2 weeks and I am down 4lbs and real happy with that. Going to take this slow and smart because I want this to work.
  • sweetygurl28
    Options
    Hello! My name is Victoria. I am currently also looking for some motivation to lose weight. Most of my life I been fair with my weight until I had got pregnant with twins. I am currently weighing at 241 looking to get down to at least 140. I hope we can encourage each other in our journey. :)
  • khardison
    khardison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm a 42 year old, mother of 3. I teach middle school math at a school near our home. My 3 children (16, 13, 10) keep me hopping all the time. There are not very many nights we find ourselves at home. My weight loss goal is 80 pounds. A friend and I started on January 1 working toward our goals together. Accountability is key for me! My primary target each day is under 1400 calories and 20 minutes of exercise. Good luck to all! Stay focused!
  • LaDiiHeArT
    LaDiiHeArT Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great response everyone!! The more motivation we have the easier it is. I realized that. When I started I told myself that I would first make over my mind before I made over my body. Everything I put in my mouth I make sure its healthy or not to high in fat & calories. Everything I eat now I know how many calories it is. I'm so anal about what I eat now! I recently went food shopping and my boyfriend bought so much junk food and I know if my mind wasn't made over I would snack right along with him.

It's not even a challenge for me anymore because I want this so bad. As much as I hate not eating cakes, chips, and soda I know that its not good for me. I'm to young to be tired, and lazy all the time. My friends are always asking me why don't I go out anymore. EVERYONE tells me that!!!! I'm known for being the ultimate party girl, city girl, always out and about girl. But now I don't go anywhere but work and here and then to the gym. I told myself last night that when I go to the gym today I'm going to talk to women who are there working out and see if I can make a group so that we can all come together and motivate each other. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

What are somethings you guys are doing to exercise and stay active? Mothers with young children where are some places you go with your children to get away from the couch and TV?

Feel free to add me, I love seeing how we succeed and reach our goals. I'm proud of you guys for taking that next step!!!! Let continue and fight the urge to give up!!!
  • dlrosen
    dlrosen Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey I'm Deanna. I'm 21 years old. My goal from the beginning was to lose 50 pounds (I have lost 10 pounds so far). I slowly had gained weight after high school until I was very uncomfortable with my weight. Everyone feel free to add me! :)
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Father of 4, here. Already lost about 50lbs and looking to lose another 80. On that blessed day that I lose that 80th pound I plan to make a run to the closest A & F store, try lots of stuff on, make the biggest mess I can, be the most obnoxious I can be, then buy a pair of socks.
  • Nowerful
    Nowerful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story.
  • Nowerful
    Nowerful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your story is encouraging.
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tiffany! My goal is to lose another 120 lbs. I'm down 40 lbs from my highest weight last Jan2012 and have been using mfp for about a year now. I also just joined fitbit yest and am already addicted!

I could def use friends on here to help me stay motivated. I was always too embarassed to have friends, but i think im ready and that it would help. please feel free to add me.

A little about me:
    I had Lap-Band surgery last Feb, which aided in my 40-lb weight-loss-to-date. I stopped losing so I joined a gym a few wks ago and it's the best thing i ever did! So happy to be working out again! I go to the gym 5-6/wk, 1-2/day and have a daily goal of walking at least 4mi/day on the treadmill. I also work out w/ a personal trainer 2/wk and just started spin 2/wk.