30 day shred for Disney!

Options
Ok, I've been back and forth here for a long time. I NEED to lose weight to feel better. Since having my gallbladder out 3 months ago, I've gained 7 lbs and have no energy at all! I started taking digestive enzymes last week and can see a slight improvement on energy. I needed motivation to workout and today I found it. I booked a trip to Disney world for May of this year with my 6 year old son. This will give me motivation to work out, but I also need to find the energy and willpower to stick to healthy eating.

I also want to lose weight because since gaining, my anxiety is through the roof. I hear the 30 shred is a good place to start, any opinions? And thoughts on using digestive enzymes?

thanks!

Replies

• zkes12
    zkes12 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I actually joined this site to find other people that had done the 30 day shred.
    I had my gallbladder out 4 years ago, and just over the last year or so have I really gotten back to my typical weight. Its odd that you mentioned your anxiety, because the first year after I had mine out, I was on daily meds for my anxiety. Its gotten better over the years, but still maintain a prescription. Wonder if there's a correlation there...?

Anyway. The first 6 months I dropped 20lbs, then I gained 70 back. Lost it for my wedding in 2010 (too much, really), and have kinda leveled out over the last year.

I stopped taking the enzymes, and focused on eating whole, raw foods that my body could more easily digest. I had been a vegetarian for years, but have been doing more raw foods and probiotics lately. I feel fantastic. My body has learned to deal with digestion, and over time I have figured out which foods my body just can't properly deal with anymore (namely, fried greasy foods).

I am on day 7 of the 30 day shred, and can already see results. I haven't been on the scale, because I'm trying to focus on being healthy, not skinny, but I will post a picture if I can figure out how.

Best wishes to you! Its kind of nice to hear that someone else has the same issues I have...
  • trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply! You are so right, it's nice hearing other stories that seem so similar to mine. Did you feel like you had no energy after your gallbladder surgery? I just feel like I have none! I know bad digestion can attribute to that, and I'm working on correcting it. I'm not good with diets, may I ask what type of raw, whole foods and probiotics you stick to? (I'm not good at grocery shopping either! ) lol.
  • zkes12
    zkes12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I use Garden of Life brand Raw Probiotic for women (I also use their daily multi, its great).
    As far as my diet, I am really bad at dieting also!! I try to stick to, as silly as it sounds, eating by colors! I try to make sure I've eaten at least 3/4 green things (broccoli, kale, spinach, etc.), some orange things, and some colorful fruits. I know it sounds ridiculous but its been really helpful for me. I dehydrate things for snacks, zucchini chips, banana chips, whatever you like. Its labor intensive but you can make a ton at once to last for a long time. I try to eat a lot of nuts and beans, and avocado.

As a general, I try to stay away from: FRIED THINGS!! omg they run through me (tmi), really starchy things (too much pasta, for example), and as a general I try not to do a bunch of sugar.

This is a great website for ideas:
    http://vegweb.com/
    http://www.rawmazing.com/rawmazing-recipes/
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    9 lbs down. 3/4" from neck, 3" from waist, 2" from hips. Results from shred!!

just finished two days ago. Hope this helps
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did it every day. I did ten days of each level. I did it on Christmas day, I did it on my anniversary, did it when I was sick and felt like I was dying. I pushed through.
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred for Disney as well!
    I am going in 9 weeks! SOOO Excited! My plan is to get in 30 of her workouts by the time I leave. It's not the traditional route, but I'm still excited. So far, I've only done 4. Good luck.!!!!
  • Aunt_Kiki
    Aunt_Kiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know NOTHING about digestive enzymes, but having done a Disney trip about 4 months ago, I offer just a little advice - start walking now. You may have heard this advice before or even know from a previous trip, but you will do a slightly insane amount of walking there. Start training now, you will build up your endurance AND lose the weight! 30 Day Shred helped me a bit but I was very inconsistent with it. Of course, I went to Disney and gained back all the loss in park food - best pounds I've ever put on lol. Have fun!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I really love the 30 Day Shred! It is a really good workout. The only thing is that you may lose inches vs. weight. Some people measure their success by what the scale says but when it all comes down to it we all just wanna fit into a really cute pair of jeans. Don't get discouraged if you only lose a few pounds at the end. Measure yourself and embrace how your clothes fit after you finish. Good luck!
  • kimheiman
    kimheiman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've also had my gallbladder out 3 years ago and gained alot of weight afterwards. I went to get a physical and got on the scales and decided that i wieghted way to much. I had to decide that i was committed to losing weight and then my mind completely changed. Now i am on a ME mission and that is to get healthy for me. I started this program 71 days ago and have been doing the 30 day shred and also 6 week 6 pack abs because i cant seem to do the same thing day after day. Im down 18 pounds and 3/4 inches on arms, 1 inch on thighs, 2 inches each on my breast,waists and hips. 3/4 on the neck and calves. Yes this works. I didnt think people were noticing and my sister that i hadn't seen in a month came over and walked in and said WOW you look great. That will make you want it even more.

When i started this program Iweighted 183 and i now weight 165. My goal weight is 140 but i look for the next 10 pounds to come off before moving on.

YOU CAN DO THIS!:happy: :happy: :happy: