Paul Mckenna Hypnotic Gastric Band

Options
13»

Replies

• mrsmccullough7
    Options
    why post negative stuff just dont bother if you have nothing nice to say

I totally agree, i am quite surprised people are *****y, what happened to supporting each other? Who cares wether someone has surgery, counts calories, goes to the gym 7 days a week or has hypnosis? Surely weight loss is weight loss which is what this site is about?

yes hun i agree :-)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, i am quite surprised people are *****y, what happened to supporting each other? Who cares wether someone has surgery, counts calories, goes to the gym 7 days a week or has hypnosis? Surely weight loss is weight loss which is what this site is about?

I dunno, I find that this site is much more about helping people wade through the bullcrap, garbage, and miracle fixes. The sooner people realize that there is no magic pill and they have to hold themselves accountable for change, the better off they'll be.

Weight loss is weight loss? So I guess I should offer high-fives for people that are bulimic? No? Hm...
  • mrsmccullough7
    Options
    This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

dont post then

Hmm, posting on public forums and then not expecting a response? Or better still only hearing what you want? You KNOW you haven't had gastric surgery, how can buying a book and CD or getting "hypnotised" change this?

clearly you have no knowledge of hypnosis at all
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Perhaps forwarding the reality of the situation is being more supportive (in the long run) than enabling the delusion (in the short term)?

I question which POV is not supportive.
  • mrsmccullough7
    Options

I dunno, I find that this site is much more about helping people wade through the bullcrap, garbage, and miracle fixes. The sooner people realize that there is no magic pill and they have to hold themselves accountable for change, the better off they'll be.

Weight loss is weight loss? So I guess I should offer high-fives for people that are bulimic? No? Hm...

thats not what she meant at all and you know it go find other post to bully
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

dont post then

Hmm, posting on public forums and then not expecting a response? Or better still only hearing what you want? You KNOW you haven't had gastric surgery, how can buying a book and CD or getting "hypnotised" change this?

Read my reply, I don't claim to, I'm sure Paul McKenna is extremely grateful that you don't either
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

thats not what she meant at all and you know it go find other post to bully
    Yeah, I bullied and miracled all 150lbs of mine off. Take my advice or leave it, I don't care. Good luck with your magic beans.

And ya know, if you're ready to change... like your profile says... change. Don't buy your perception, make it yourself.
  • mrsmccullough7
    Options
    good luck
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    why post negative stuff just dont bother if you have nothing nice to say

Girl, are you new? This site is called "Fitness"; not everyone is here to lose weight. That's #1.

#2... do you know what happens to people with gastric bypass? They have to eat an incredibly low number of calories because they're stomachs can literally hold so much. OP, with her recent join date, her archetypal MFP "Don't post if you're negative responses," and her only posts being about hypnotic weight loss (with one post sounding vaguely like an advertisement), would be thus eating an incredible low amount of calories as if she had gastric bypass (if this was real, and/or if this worked)... but she hasn't HAD it. Her body would need more.

#3: Even if she had issues of control with food, binging, etc... that is disordered eating, and a nutritionist or even a psychologist would be of more help in learning to deal with issues of food than hypnotism in pretending she had a massive surgery.

Sometimes you people take ALL THE FUN AWAY.
  • LouE
    LouE Posts: 19 Member
    Options

No bulimic isnt good, of course not.

I find some of the comments a bit unkind, a few of us are trying it, we arent making other people try it, im conversing about it to tell the OP i too am doing it. Ive never said its the best thing ever, its not a magic pill, however its stopped me from eating biscuts when im bored at work. Im actively putting smaller portions on my plate, i know if i dont then i will over eat, this has just given me a push to do that.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

dont post then

certainly not the definitive debunking of hypnosis, but still an entertaining attempt by Penn & Teller within the constraints of a 30-minute television show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRd4XwNyJek
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit

tumblr_l2uykgFCKc1qbtma8o1_400.jpg
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Surely its the same as everyone else here, people count calories, therefore eat less than normal nd go to the gym, when you get to your target weight you still ave to count calories, so when i get to my target weight i still have to eat smaller portions and not pick t biscuits at work!

i dont calorie count only on here he promotes eat what you want but portion control etc it cost me £6 so cant really complain if has no benifit to myself :-0 wait and see

I'm just wondering how many times you can say "it only cost me $6" (I know it's 6 pounds but I don't know how to do a pound sign other than #) within this thread...seriously, unless you are actually selling the product, we don't need to know how much it costs over and over and over...
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hypnosis is one of the most misunderstood things and it can certainly help some people. We are led daily by our powerful subconscious thoughts. (nervous tics, inhibitions, desires, repulsions, compulsions, etc) It is easier to understand hypnosis by viewing it as a form of meditation. Many football wide receivers have used hypnotism to better focus concentration on the ball.

A big misconception is that one can be "put" in a hypnotic trance. It is the "subject" who puts himself in a relaxed state of mind, A state between being awake and being asleep. We reach this state every time we go to sleep.

The skepticism of hypnosis goes back to early days of sideshow magic; then people came away with the illusion that the hypnotist gained complete control over the subject. The hypnotist merely guides with suggestions.
  • LouE
    LouE Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ooooooft i. Too old for this childish nastiness!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    LOL
This discussion has been closed.