Options
dubist
dubist Posts: 279 Member
Good, bad or ugly?

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Um....how about natural?? Since you haven't eaten in many hours and all.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I think it depends whether you are hungry when you wake up or whether you are waking up because you are hungry?
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Um....how about natural?? Since you haven't eaten in many hours and all.

Lol, true. Although there are some occasions where eating a very filling and well balanced meal the night before can keep you full until breakfast time.
  • fitnessfreak97
    Options
    I think waking up hungry is a good thing, so long as you ate enough the day before. However, before you have breakfast drink a glass of water and leave it for five minutes otherwise you may end up overeating if you feel ravenous. I can totally relate!
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    it is natural to want something to eat when you wake up (because it's been so long since your last meal) but i have found that if i go to bed on a full stomach or eat heavy carbs before bed, i always wake up ravenous...

i try not to eat 3 hours before bed...i don't wake up hungry.
  • Amy_Alise
    Options
    I think it's good. Because if you wake up full, that probably means you ate too late (or too close to you falling asleep) which is bad
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If I eat before bed I wake up famished! If I haven't eaten since dinner, I'm usually good for 30-60mins before hunger starts kicking in when I wake up..
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think waking up hungry is a good thing, so long as you ate enough the day before. However, before you have breakfast drink a glass of water and leave it for five minutes otherwise you may end up overeating if you feel ravenous. I can totally relate!
    Thanks for the replies.
    I do my cardio within the 1st hour of waking up should I eat before cardio or after?