Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sprinting

Anyone have a good sprinting workout? I just started this one:

Stand on the sides of the treadmill, turn up to 9mph, jump on and sprint for 20 sec, just off for 10, repeat

I love doing interval training on the treadmill rather than just running. Im interested in what other people do so I can mix it up every once in a while.

Replies

• No one?
  • merv243
    merv243 Posts: 19 Member
    I have trouble sprinting on the treadmill, but I do similar on the cross ramp (except instead of stopping I just slow down, and I do 45 sec fast/30 sec slow). In the summer I sprint outside and do 30/30.

Other good interval-training type workouts that I like are 4 Minutes of Hell (youtube it) and general conditioning exercises. I take pieces from 4 minutes and do them for a longer time, for example. Anything that gets you out of breath quickly and repeatedly is good.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    I do fartleks when I run, row, swim and cycle. Just go fast for however long and slower for a shorter period. I use a gymboss for the timing (apart from swimming), it beeps nice and loudly for inside and outside the gym, etc. I prefer outdoor sprints, the treadmill and indoor cycles suck a bit. Only indoor sprints I tend to enjoy are the rowing machine ones : )

Do not forget that hill work is also important.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I could not imagine trying to sprint on a treadmill