Lunch ideas for campus.

Options
I'm having a hard time figuring out what to take for lunch everyday on campus. I'm a busy college student and I don't want a sandwich or salad every day.

Replies

• sarahmichelle876
    Options
    Nothing????
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How long will it be in your bag before lunch? That makes a big difference as far as what might still be good by lunch time.
  • sarahmichelle876
    Options
    Usually about two hours. Or I can go in a little early and drop them off in the fridge at work. I work on campus too
  • amyann2
    amyann2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I buy the Whole Foods brand "365" mini quiche appetizers. Each is about as big around as a silver dollar, and I eat three in a serving. They are vegetarian and the box has three kinds: cheese, mushroom, and spinach. I make them ahead in my toaster oven then eat them cold for lunch at work.

For the rest of my lunch I have 1 piece of light mozzarella string cheese, then I fill out the meal with lots of raw cut veggies (cucumber, green pepper, red pepper, carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, in whatever combination I have on hand) with a single serve of Marie's Light Creamy Ranch dressing. The dressing isn't enough for all the veggies so I use it on the ones with stronger flavors, like celery or green pepper.

Very filling lunch because there is some fat in the quiches and string cheese and dressing, but not too much, and a little carbs in the quiche crusts. The veggies are really the filling part.