Buffalo wild wings and hockey

Options
I am so excited that hockey is back! Only one problem.....we go to BWW to watch the games and they have nothing on their website about nutritional information. It's so frustrating! Obviously I am not going to eat the wings, and their salads are probably a better option, but can anyone help me?? Any hints or tricks I should know? Looking for any help with eating out, when calories are not available.

Brigit

Replies

• kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i too am thrilled hockey is back, going to the home opener on Saturday night in fact! for BWW, i use this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/buffalo-wild-wings

not much is "good" there, i say be careful throughout the day and then eat in moderation. go to the gym before so you have some exercise calories to use. drink water or if you have to have a drink, go with a light beer.

most importantly, have fun (unless you are a Blackhawks fan... ;) JK)
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Whatever you order, ask for a to go box right away and put half the food in it for later... a 1000 calorie meal just went to 500! I, however am terrible about not munching if there is food around (while watching the games), maybe ask for some celery sticks or such if you are like me! Good luck :smile:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    ..... Stay home and watch the games? There's gonna be like, 3 games a week. That's a lot of time at a restaurant! I go to BWW to watch UFC pay-per-view fights, but that's like once a month, tops.
  • ktrichards06
    Options
    BWW is my weakness!!! I would consider maybe going only once a week if that if I were you! Yes you want to watch the games but you will be saving $ by not eating out as much and you won't be tempted and putting your hard work at risk!
  • specandshot
    specandshot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything to add but GO DEVILS!!! :drinker:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Just look in the database for another restaurant that serves wings. I can't imagine that the nutrition facts would be much different.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I like the naked tenders. The salad is ok (it's usually just boneless wings on top of a little iceburg lettuce. The problem is that their only dressings are ranch and blue cheese, and those calories add up fast. Personally, I'd rather the naked tenders and fries over that. I would eat a large salad before the game, and if you get hungry, order some naked tenders while there. Then, it's just grilled chicken and the sauce of your choice (or no sauce and really healthy but not very fun).

ETA: You could also bring a better dressing option with you for the salad if you like.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the wings - just watch what sauce you are having them coated in. I have eaten wings at least once a week for the past year and it has had no effect on my ability to lose weight - but then a good old Buffalo boy would only put really hot sauce with next to no calories on them. Go Sabres!
  • DebsComeBack
    DebsComeBack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We ate there recently and I had no problem finding them in MFP database on my iPhone...just type in Buffalo Wild Wings and pretty much all their stuff comes up.

I can tell you every wing I had was about a 100 calories. I had 5 and though they were good, it was a crazy amount of calories for essentially nothing.

Here's the MFP link to BWW listings

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    I was reading on MFP last week that traditional wings like bw3s have around 85-100 calories per wing so be careful and watch the ranch or blue cheese.
    GO REDWINGS.
  • kmmuellr
    Options
    Check out their blackened chicken salad. No dressing.

Go Wings!!

K
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I used to work there...your best bet would be naked tenders and sauce on the side. Kids meals aren't to bad either...4 piece kids meal is around 400 calories
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite things in the world BBW and Hockey....I don't care about how many calories there are, I want six piece flats, wild and a Primo Margarita frozen...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    http://www.buffalowildwings.com/faq/

Nutritional information can be obtained on all Buffalo Wild Wings menu items by contacting us directly through our website. Use the Contact Us link and request this information. We will send a PDF version and answer any other BWW dietary question you may have.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    The ranch sauce is made of pure caloric gluttony. They have a low fat ranch sauce which is far more reasonable apparently.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    We also watch games at BWW frequently. I always get the veggie boat appetizer (just cut up celery and carrot sticks with some low fat ranch) and a veggie burger with no fries. I think it all ends up being under 500 calories
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    This is what I do as well, then I figure the average between several different restaurants
    Just look in the database for another restaurant that serves wings. I can't imagine that the nutrition facts would be much different.
    Also, for me the only way I can lose or maintain my weight is to cook,eat, and drink at home 95% of the time, so that I have the control of the calories I am consuming
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Always eat the wings!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    That chili swimming in melted cheese appetizer can't be *that* bad...