How accurate is Model My Diet? (body simulation site)

Options
I have kind of a weird figure. I'm overall a pear shape when you look at my measurements, but it's pretty subtle (36"bust 28"waist 40"hips), and my stomach sticks out a pretty good bit. I'm half Mexican, half Irish, so I always have a good bit of a butt/thighs no matter what. However thanks to 13 years of ballet my legs/butt have always been very strong and toned, so I mainly gain weight around my middle. I guess my main question is how many of you have used this website? (modelmydiet.com) has it looked pretty accurate compared to your body? I have some issues with body dysmorphic disorder, so my perspective on what I see in the mirror seems to be pretty different from how other people see it.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Its about as accurate as me telling you that it is going to rain at 4:30 pm at your exact location 3 months from now.

Considering that it doesn't collect any measurement data, lean body mass data, or planned calorie intake or exercise routine type, it is completely subjective.
  • AblazeRiver
    AblazeRiver Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's what I figured. Thank you!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I just played around with the site a bit. While it was kind of fun, I don't think it is very accurate for most people unless you are a true hourglass with no problem areas. It would be great if there was an option to input your exact measurements. I understand about the body dysmorphia. It as been two years since I lost the majority of my weight and I still see myself as the 250 pound woman I was. Occasionally I catch a glimpse of the new me but I wish my brain would catch up so I can stop being so self conscious.
  • AblazeRiver
    AblazeRiver Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I wish there was a way to maybe drag certain body parts so that you could, say, expand your stomach and see how that proportionally affects your weight distribution, so that you could get a more accurate image. In addition adding BF% would probably make it more accurate as well.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    whatever I do the chick looks nothing like me
  • zarablue
    Options
    I agree with the others. Visited their site. There is no way to add problem areas, or personalized info. Not realistic.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like me if I were airbrushed and had a lower body fat percentage.