Exercise the hardest part to maintain over time

Options
2»

Replies

• Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Make exercise part of your daily life. Join a recreational sports team. Do a volunteer activity that is very physical. Pick a hobby that involves at least some movement, like gardening. Pick up an exhausting side job, like being a mover on the weekend. Start getting to work by bike.

It's easy to say, "ugh, I don't feel like standing an a treadmill for an hour after work, I need to run some errands." It's harder to say, "I'm not going to go to soccer tonight, even though the guys are expecting me."
  • notthatthis
    Options
    A personal trainer two times a week. What exactly do they have you doing? If it is just cardio, cardio, cardio then they need sacking.

No, I do all the cardio on my own at home on elliptical or by walking. When I go to see the trainer I do my cardio before we start my session then he does many many different things, all over lifting and core training, he changes it up every time I go so it is a really good session each time.

Sounds like you have a great time with the trainer, why do you not do the PT sessions at home. You must have a wealth of exercise knowledge whilst you have been on your amazing weight loss journey. Life does not have to be cardio, cardio, cardio - variety is the spice of life.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Even professionals don't always look forward to their work outs :) Commit to doing them a certain number of times per week and stick with it ...make it part of your life...like brushing your teeth!!

Find exercise programs you love
    AND
    VARIETY is the key! work out a schedule and switch it up...so that if you are doing something today that you don't love, you'll know you have something to look forward to in the coming days!!

Your journey is impressive....keep up the GREAT work...look forward!
    Good luck!