First Day

Options
Hello all,

I’m new to MyFitnessPal.com. Today is my first day and I’m e-x-c-i-t-e-d! I’ve decided it’s time to do something about being fluffy. I’m 46, 4’10” and 165. Something needs to be done! Besides, swimsuit season is coming up and I want to feel comfortable bathing in the sun.

My biggest weakness is bread. I LOVE bread. I love the smell, the taste, the texture, the way it sits in your stomach. ~le sigh~. I can have a carb explosion like nobody’s business! So I’ve decided to take the bull by the horns and go on a low-carb diet! Dumb.. I know.. because I really ~ really like my carbs. They comfort me. So this is going to be my biggest obstacle.

Another big issue for me is that I just forget I’m on a diet! I know that sounds crazy but it’s true. One minute I’m going about my business and the next ~BAM~ I just ate a slice of sour dough bread without even thinking about it. Then I remember “HEY! YOU ARE ON A DIET! REMEMBER?” Seriously… Remembering I’m on a diet is going to kick-my-butt.

So.. here’s to a great 1st day! (It’s only been 3 hours but I’m still on track!)

Woo Hoo!

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Welcome - this site will keep you excited :flowerforyou:

Sue
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on taking this step in the right direction! Bread is/was a problem in our house too! Both of us looooooove it too much! It was hard to do but we stopped buying bread. The only thing I buy now is these low fat/no sugar pita bread made at a local bakery. Mmmm they are so delicious fresh but they are 80 calories each instead of god knows how much calories we were eating when eating all that bread and of course the butter! Haha Feel free to add me as a friend to keep you motivated along the way. I know it defenitely helps me!

Congrats and Good luck!

:happy:
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    Welcome. I also love bread... but you can do it. Show it who is boss. Mostly I just don't buy the really good stuff anymore, instead I will have a piece of Village Hearth for 40 calories a slice with some PB or garlic. If I want a special treat I will buy a foccacia bread or something.. making sure to have only small slices. I even freeze half of it to reduce the temptation to finish the whole loaf before it molds.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a recovering carb-oholic also. One thing I loooove now, is the Ole Extreme Wellness tortillas -- wheat or high Fiber. They are low-cal, low-carb and full of good stuff. Good luck!!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Welcome, this site is awesome for keeping you nmotivated

Well done on reaching your first 3 hours :O)
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love this site! The tools help you keep on track and the people are very supportive. It probably wouldn't hurt to pull back on the carbs. Or, at least find healthier alternatives...think 'whole grain, wheat, multi-grain, etc'. Track your calories daily, slowly add some exercise, and you're on your way! Soon enough, you'll find yourself reading food labels more and being more conscious of what you are putting in your mouth. Good luck and know you can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend!
    Kathy