Apps for walking/pedometer/counting calories burned?

Options
I can never find a good app to calculate the distance I walk, the calories I burn, the steps I take etc.

Anyone have any good ones they use?

I'm on Android btw :)

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper, Map My Run, May my Walk. I prefer Runkeeper. I assume they have an android app, but don't know for sure.
  • insearchofbees
    Options
    I can never find a good app to calculate the distance I walk, the calories I burn, the steps I take etc.

Anyone have any good ones they use?

I'm on Android btw :)

I use Map My Walk, and I really like it.
  • 1965maggie1965
    1965maggie1965 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've always used RunKeeper:smile:
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This is not an app but it is a good way to double check that whatever you are using is reasonable:

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/WalkRunMETs.html
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I second the MapMyWalk/Run and RunKeeper - both really good
  • PoetikLuvr
    Options
    What about My Cardio Trainer. It's great for logging activities you've done, as well as ones you are doing. Once you into your step length, it will track your walks/runs via GPS and tell you how far you walked, at what speed you walked, how many steps you took while walking, and most important how many calories you burned while walking. I have been using it for almost a year in conjunction with My Fitness Pal, and I love them both.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Big fan of Runkeeper!
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper - I use the android version - I love that it talks to you every 5 mins so you can speed up if you are starting to lag, also love the gps mapping when bush walking.
    Jan
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    MapMyWalk is great for Android- free, very reliable, good information.

For a pedometer to count steps, you are going to need to buy something. The phone just isn't going to do it. If you are willing to invest some $, look into fitbit for the sip or the one. I have the one and I love it! www.fitbit.com Check out the video!

If you can't purchase a quality pedometer right now and want to know about steps, I'd start counting your steps for premeasured distances and then just do the math!

Good Luck!
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk on my android & really like it.
    I also just got the Striiv (they don't do android aps) Smart Pedometer back in December & love it. Best price I found for it with a pretty decent bundle was on qvc for 89.96, don't know if they still have it.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Walkmeter or Endomondo work really well.