what are the best vitamins for weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Have to google best foods for those, but yes I take a supplement for those two and calcium and Vitamin D.
    may i ask how long it has taken you to lose 30lbs? and what is your calorie intake/workout regime?
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Eat your negative calorie foods! They have good amounts of vitamins and have negative calories, win win
    i heard of negative calorie food, then i heard there was no such thing >.<
    things are always changing.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    No miracles.. but some B vitamins helps transform carbs in energy such as B6 and B12.
    This
  • jjslag
    jjslag Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What are negative calorie foods?
  • kittychan1
    Options
    I heard supplements like L-Carnitine and Fish oil helps burn fat!
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Vitamins in fruits and vegtables are good for losing weight...Not a vegetarian but fruits and veggies are filling so you don't eat calorie dense foods to fill up. Just add them to your favorite foods. If the seasoning are dense in your favorites, you will never taste the vegetables...
  • moylatc
    Options
    What are negative calorie foods? Things like celery and carrots?
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Negative calorie foods are foods which contain less calories in them than you burn by digesting them.

Apple
    Blueberries
    Cantaloupe
    Cranberries
    Grapefruit
    Honeydew
    Limes
    Lemon
    Mango
    Orange
    Papaya
    Peach
    Pineapple
    Raspberries
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Tomato
    Watermelon

Asparagus
    Beet Root
    Broccoli
    Cabbage (green)
    Carrot
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chile peppers (hot)
    Cucumber
    Dandelion
    Endive
    Garden cress
    Garlic
    Green beans
    Lettuce
    Onion
    Radishes
    Spinach
    Turnip
    Zucchini
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What are negative calorie foods? Things like celery and carrots?

That's why I eat 4 celery stalks for every chicken wing I eat, since it negates the calories of the chicken wing. I'll eat an additional stalk if I'm dipping them in blue cheese dressing
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind with negative calorie foods you need to eat them in their pure form. Don't drink orange juice instead of eating the orange. You'll spike your sugar level and make yourself feel aweful in 30 minutes. Cut up or break up your fruit over your salad to add as filler so your salad will take longer to digest. I top my salads off with protein (usually chicken, but you can use almonds too).

Also, make your salad worth it by using kale, spinach, etc. If your not a spinach (or a dark green) eater, use your regular iceberg lettuce at a 50/50 mix with spinach. Each week use less iceburg until you have a salad that is all dark green. I hated spinach before, now I eat 2 to 3 cups a day. Iceburg tastes like crunchy water to me now -- no flavor.

Good luck! :D
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is really good. I like this list.:smile:
  • Pridgenization
    Pridgenization Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    First, I am not totally sure that vitamins in pill form are fully absorbed by the body. But, just in case, I try to take a multivitamin everyday. :)

Second, you may want to ask your doctor to check to see if you have a vitamin deficiency. For some reason, I have a vitamin d deficiency. Occasionally, my doctor gives me a Rx for a vitamin d supplement. I don't know whether it helps with my weight loss, but it helps my body absorb the calcium it needs. Plus, I seem to feel better.

Finally, I think that the best advice is to get your vitamins from the foods that you eat. Eat a wide variety of foods. Different color fruits and vegetables offer different vitamins. There are excellent lists compiled on this thread. And, whether there are "negative calorie" foods or not, eating those vegetables certainly won't hurt you.