Starting P90X...any takers???

SkinnyJess
SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone, my name is Jessica and I will be starting P90X today for the first time ever. I am really excited but I do have a few questions to any pros out there. :wink: I ordered my P90X DVDs off of a website like Amazon or something and it didn't come with any booklets. I watched the intro DVD, but there wasn't much about the diet. Does anyone know a website or anything that will tell me the allowed foods for stage 1? I know it's lower carb, but I just need like a sample day menu and then I should be able to figure it out.

I am so excited to blast off the rest of this weight! My husband and I are planning to have another baby maybe later this year and I want to get in the best shape ever and truly be "cute" when I'm pregnant this time around! :laugh: I would love to have anyone join me that may want to and any advice and support is much appreciated. Thank you to all of you and I can't wait to see what I look like on day 90!!! :happy:

Jessica :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Jessica and I will be starting P90X today for the first time ever. I am really excited but I do have a few questions to any pros out there. :wink: I ordered my P90X DVDs off of a website like Amazon or something and it didn't come with any booklets. I watched the intro DVD, but there wasn't much about the diet. Does anyone know a website or anything that will tell me the allowed foods for stage 1? I know it's lower carb, but I just need like a sample day menu and then I should be able to figure it out.

I am so excited to blast off the rest of this weight! My husband and I are planning to have another baby maybe later this year and I want to get in the best shape ever and truly be "cute" when I'm pregnant this time around! :laugh: I would love to have anyone join me that may want to and any advice and support is much appreciated. Thank you to all of you and I can't wait to see what I look like on day 90!!! :happy:

Jessica :flowerforyou:

Sorry didn't answer your question. https://teambeachbody.com/signup That is the site. I think you can get the diet there. I am not following the P90x diet so I have not really looked. I just finished week 2 and feel so great. Good luck on your journey and once again come join us on the other thread :smile:
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    I will join you there then! Thanks! :smile:
  • DiscipleN2k
    DiscipleN2k Posts: 24 Member
    I'm about to wrap up the first phase of my first run through of P90X. I've got most of the paperwork that goes along with the DVDs, but the only thing I really remember seeing about dieting in P90X was a recommendation to try to stay in the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder (http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do). As much as I'd like to follow it, most of what I've been eating has been from tier 3 and even tier 4 (and maybe a few items from tier 5), but just keeping track of my calories burned vs. calories consumed and making sure there's a deficit at the end of the day has made a HUGE difference for me.

Hope this helps!
  • jlwamble
    jlwamble Posts: 2
    I just started P90X this past Monday the 19th and am loving it - it is a challenge but well worth it. You can get the diet and work out buddies for support as well. www.teambeachbody.com

look forward to seeing you there - good luck and you will succeed I am sure.
    Juanita
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,998 Member
    You can sign up for free using this link:
    https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=8062

You can get the P90X workout sheets, and you can autoschedule your workouts, but the only way to get the P90X nutrition plan is to buy the entire P90X program from Beachbody (or through a BB coach, like me). The danger of buying it from another source is that the seller will often not include the nutrition and fitness guides, and that's a real bummer.
  • DiscipleN2k
    DiscipleN2k Posts: 24 Member
    Completely off topic, but I LOVE your signature, PJilly! I can't tell you how many times already (even just being 3 weeks in) that I've wrapped up all the things I have to get done for the day around 1AM and thought, "I really don't want to do this. I'm exhausted and if I start now, I won't be done until almost 3AM." But then I hear Tony's voice in my head. "Just keep pushing play. Keep pushing play." All I've got to do is push the button. If i can do that, I'll go to bed feeling better, and I'll wake up feeling better--even when some days "better" means "like I got hit by a truck." It's been a HUGE change in my life!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,998 Member
    Completely off topic, but I LOVE your signature, PJilly! I can't tell you how many times already (even just being 3 weeks in) that I've wrapped up all the things I have to get done for the day around 1AM and thought, "I really don't want to do this. I'm exhausted and if I start now, I won't be done until almost 3AM." But then I hear Tony's voice in my head. "Just keep pushing play. Keep pushing play." All I've got to do is push the button. If i can do that, I'll go to bed feeling better, and I'll wake up feeling better--even when some days "better" means "like I got hit by a truck." It's been a HUGE change in my life!
    Thank you! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.