Head Phones / Ear Buds for the Gym

Options
Does anyone have a set of ear buds they just loooove for the gym? I cannot workout without my music but my regular ear buds are starting to annoy me... I have an iPhone and am currently using just the regular ole plain jane's that come with it but it's time for an UPGRADE! Anyone try the ones that go over your ear? This girl loves her bass so I do want quality but I don't need anything huge that I can't jump around in either.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :bigsmile:

Replies

• azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    YurBuds, I love them for cycling and running too. Allow me to hear traffic and other people, for safety sake. But still provide awesome sound.
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    "Yurbuds" Iron man series (I have the Inspire Pro)
    are the ones I use & I love them. I used to use the apple ones until I got these for Christmas. They fit the ear perfectly and never fall out! (I had issues with my apples ones always falling out while I was running, jumping etc.)

I'm pretty sure my mom bought them at Academy for like $10-$15 and they come with a holder and replacement sizes.
    (on the website they are like $50 but don't go through them)
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I purchased these a few weeks back because I couldn’t stand my ear buds and the wire

awesome sounds, no cords to deal with, fairly inexpensive. Work great with my phone. It has a forward and back button and sound control on the left headphone. You can also use them to make calls

Rocketfish Bluetooth High-Definition Stereo Headphones for Most Bluetooth-Enabled Devices Black RF-MAB2

http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-High-Definition-Headphones-Bluetooth-Enabled-RF-MAB2/dp/B002V5OYHC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358279219&sr=1-1&keywords=Rocketfish+Bluetooth+High-Definition
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I use jabra sport, http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-SPORT-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B005FVNHBI They are bluetooth. I have an android phone but should work no prob with a iphone. I can leave my phone in my coat and go all over my gym without a problem. They are very comfortable, they don't fall out, they have great sound, they use a standard micro USB charging cable, they last a while between chargings. I can make or answer calls without touching the phone.

They have an FM receiver built in so could be used without the phone but it's not a great receiver.
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Y'all are awesome!! Thanks! On the Yurbuds (looking online) - do you have the ones that wrap around your ear or just the buds that go inside? It looks like the Iron Man Yurbuds have both options from what I can tell? Also - Academy is one of my all time favorite stores so double win! Thanks again!!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I'll give you another vote for Yurbuds -- I have the Ironman series in blue (the ones that go into the ear) and use them on the bus and in the gym.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many it's ridiculous... different wireless bluetooth, specialty ones for ear canals, over ear, athletic brands... I think my favorite out of comfort was Nike's, but their quality is absolutely terrible. They don't even gold play their 3.5 mm jack. I use a generic sports earbud with an ear clip because in the end.. replacing them every 6 months is still less expensive.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I got pairof Sony over-the-ear ones that work wonderfully. They don't fall out when I sweat (and I SWEAT!) and they've lasted longer than any others I've ever had. More than a year now.

I thnk I paid $2 for them on Amazon.
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds are awesome!! I bought mine about two years ago, and they still work and fit great! Love them!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I adore my yurbuds! I have the red ones with the kevlar-wrapped cord. They WILL NOT fall out of your ears and they also don't let sweat run into your ears around them.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Sennheiser PMX80 Sport Headphones. They are a wrap around the neck pair. I find that they stay in the ear a lot better, and have a great bass sound.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A lot of people like the reasonably-priced wraparound Motorola bluetooth thing...or at least people with normal-sized heads. With my giant noggin, not so much.
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have the Monster Beats by Dr. Dre!! The ones that wrap around your ear!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I have Jelly Bud Earphones and I love them..they just stay put.
  • jello1369
    jello1369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use cheap Sony wrap around your ear earphones. I'm not interested in taking calls when I'm working out and I just keep my ipod in a thing on my arm. Not to mention, I have two pairs exactly the same since I am more comfortable having my daughter use the wrap around the ear headphones than earbuds since I can better regulate how loud they are when she's watching videos or playing games in the car (She's 7).
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    YurBuds, I love them for cycling and running too. Allow me to hear traffic and other people, for safety sake. But still provide awesome sound.

These. I have tiny ears so normal buds don't work for me (they keep falling out or make my ears hurt after a while). Added bonus: you can just add the covers and put them on your other earbud headphones if you want! They also let in ambient noise, which is good for runners who put in a lot of miles outside.
  • msommy
    msommy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Polk Audio Headphones

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/ultrafit3000

I have these headphones and they are fantastic. Fit around my ear and the sound the quality is superb.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Skull Candy
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of DENON - I decided for a professional audio brand, rather than a sports one, because I also wanted to have really good sound.
    I'd recommend Sennheiser too, if they're not too expensive for you. Never tried ones myself, but I trust them, as I'm a fan of Senn's for they other professional products.

The Denons have amazing sound and if you want bass, you'd have it with them. To be honest, it happens that one of them slips out of my year when I sweat, but it's not very often.