• chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I toss them right into my protein shake before i mix it
    its awesome!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I eat them with yogurt, fruit and honey!
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I used to eat raw oats as a child , i loved them :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have them raw in muesli when going for big hikes. Quick, fills me up and gives me energy for hours! Not a big fan of sloppy, mushy breakfasts!
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    Yay!!!! I've been eating raw oats since I was a child and everyone said I was weird and called me a horse!!!! I still eat them as a snack sometimes, but I like the 1-minute oats the best.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them raw in a bowl, but I do eat them raw with potatoes sometimes. My wife is of Scottish background and her Scottish mom has this really simple but awesome potato recipe that we do...just boil new potatoes (whole, skin and all), strain...put back in pot and add a pad of butter and raw oats and toss. Doesn't sound like much, but it's awesome. We use olive oil more often than not these days...I actually think it's better.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    My usual work-day breakfast is oats that have been soaked overnight. Oats, chia seed, handful of dried raisins, greek yoghurt all soaked in hazelnut milk. Yum!!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My boss eats bran flakes without any milk or even water because he does not like them soggy:huh:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I eat them pretty "raw." I like my oatmeal to be hot so I add hot water from the coffeemaker to them, but I eat them immediately because I like them "chewy" not "mushy."

Seriously, add some coconut, some crushed cocoa roast almonds... Amazing!
  • dez06
    dez06 Posts: 12
    Options
    NOOOOO... even my kids love that.. I give it to them as a snack during the day too.. they just add a little honey and some milk and loveeeee to eat it like that... :) YUMMY... I grew up loving it as a kid too...
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like them rolled in peanut butter and raisins.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't even like the texture of them wet. I only eat them dry, mixed with peanut butter and little maple syrup (about 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 2 Tbs pb, 1 tsp syrup). Makes a great dessert or breakfast.

I can also eat steel cut oats mixed in with brown rice in some dishes, but honestly I only do this because I bought a bag of steel cut oats after being told on MFP how they tasted so different and had a much different texture (which was a lie) and now I need to use them up.
  • msmith3518
    msmith3518 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried raw oats but my son eats that way - I had never seen it before. I will have to try it!
  • djdube525
    djdube525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here's a twist... Try steel cut oats in Greek yogurt with protein powder.... The steel cut oats have a much different consistency... Almost reminds me of Grape Nuts cereal.
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have to ask. I keep seeing this overnight oatmeal.... What's the appeal? Is it a different consistency/flavor than cooked oatmeal?