What Foods Are You Avoiding or Diet do you follow?

Options

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    There are only two things I really avoid...soda and sandwiches. Everything else is good as long as it fits in my macros :-)

I should say...I havent had a coke now for 2 weeks. That is because Coke is a huge weakness for me. But I have had 2 diet cokes since then as a way to remind me that it is still ok to have once in awhile.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    There are no foods that I avoid. The only thing I avoid is eating too much. Works just fine for me.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am making a lifestyle change, should have made it clear not a diet and do it for a little then ditch it. I just wanted to know what others are doing and if they are doing it what ones do they use :) just wanted to make it known. Also I cant go vegan as my doctor has decided at this time my body issues I have wouldn't be able to handle just what vegan food has to offer is what I am taking from my doctors words.

Im sorry, I wasnt trying to be rude :)

When you say "Diet" on here, sometimes people get a little punchy :)
  • michellezan
    Options
    High protein, low carb. I also love the book '400 Calorie Fix'. It helped me a lot with portion control.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Im not on a diet this is a freakin' journey!!!
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid any food, i only don't eat as much as I used to.

I use Skinnytaste.com to adjust my favorite recipes and make them have less calories.
    True dat
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Personally I avoid deep fried anything. That's my biggest problem. I do have deep fried cauliflower once every 6 weeks or so, but generally avoiding the fried stuff saved my life. I was eating it 4-5 times a week before...huh...THAT'S why I was fat. Oh, no, that was the worst of 1817363 reasons. Lol
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A healthy vegan LIFESTYLE.

So no meat, dairy, eggs, animal by-products as defined by "vegan" and no crap foods like artificial sweeteners, excessive sodium, bad fats, trying to avoid GMO foods, etc.

This!
    this for me too...
    No processed crap, artificial flavors or colors...WHOLE FOODS
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Maintain a calorie deficit. Avoidance of foods is not necessary. Everything in moderation. I swear people just WANT to make it more difficult than it is.

Spoken by someone who is obviously lucky enough to have never eaten a single slice of whole wheat bread and then mysteriously turned into a ravenous hog the rest of the day.

I dunno why I'm like that, I'd rather not be. I'd love to be able to have a piece of chocolate now and then or a tiny bag of chips, but nope, can't do it. I tried. I was always fighting those cravings and an insatiable hunger, and I hate feeling hungry.

Damn it. I'm envious. Maybe someday. I don't think so, but maybe.

Come to think of it, my vitamins have a little sugar and crud in them, but it's obviously not enough to be a problem.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    ha ha don't worry I take nothing personal. :P I just want people to know I am fighting to make lifestyle changes not just oh do this then try something else :)
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I track my calories, every single day, ith out fail. I limit my alcohol and eat smaller portions. The big commitment for me is exercise, in 2 weeks I have lost 7 lbs and dropped inches. I feel loads better already. I don't want to follow. Specific plan, for me it's about moderation. Good luck
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid ready meals,pizza etc.I don't really have a sweet tooth but I really like crisps etc.I had a pack today and made sure I had vegetables for dinner and I just make sure I stay within my calorie allowence. My portion sizes are smaller aswell :)
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No diet but I try to eat healthy ( no refined carbs, oil ) Mon to Fri.... than weekend I eat almost anything....
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I Avoid but still eat once a week, -
    Fast Food / Or restaurant
    package/processed food, like spaghetti noodles, or snack bars of any kind including the "healthy" ones, Cereals.

Some stuff I still use: sweet relish, Mayo made with olive oil.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I would say what has worked the best for me personally is switching to a mostly unprocessed diet... I don't cut out anything altogether... but I'd say about 75-80% of my diet is is now clean unprocessed foods (unless of course it is a holiday, or I'm on vacation... in which case diets are null en void) I watch my sugars more than anything and refined carbs and saturated fats... I'm fine with healthy carbs and fats though... I have a cheat meal typically once a week.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    The only thing I avoid is caloried drinks minus orange juice and milk. I'd so much rather eat my 3000 calories a day
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm not avoiding anything. I've tried that before and while it seems to work, I just can't do it. My farmer-family roots just can't give up bread (I already preferred whole wheat) and my south-east foodie-town self can't part with pasta and rice.

I do, however, watch portion size and actually look up calorie content ahead of time as much as possible. I read labels of competing products at the store and try to get whatever is healthiest without costing a lot. So where old me would have had a whole bowl of pasta or rice and devoured a bread basket at a restaurant, I limit myself now.

I also plan ahead to cook more and eat out less. Plus, I make a point of eating my veggies first and have at least one veggie with every meal. That way I fill up on veggies (lower calorie, lots of nutrients) and I'm nearly full by the time I get into the bread or other parts of the meal.

I probably do avoid sweets and soda somewhat, but not completely. I don't keep soda at home, but I sometimes have it when we go out. Likewise I try to keep sweets that aren't that bad for me around (fruit, light ice cream, etc) and try to go for those first instead of for the other things.

I also try to pack foods for lunch that take longer to eat--like cucumbers and hummus. I can sit at my desk and dip cucumbers in hummus for a long time, whereas a bag of chips I would have devoured in a short amount of time (and then been hungry sooner)
  • iLikepistachios
    Options
    I dont eat a lot of desserts or candy. Not big on ice cream it makes me bloated. I havent had soda or taco bell for a year. Mainly because they are poison. Just fake substances my poor stomach has to digest. I dont want to do that to my body. After a while, you dont really have foods you avoid because it's normal for you to just eat healthy.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    A healthy vegan LIFESTYLE.

So no meat, dairy, eggs, animal by-products as defined by "vegan" and no crap foods like artificial sweeteners, excessive sodium, bad fats, trying to avoid GMO foods, etc.

This!
    this for me too...
    No processed crap, artificial flavors or colors...WHOLE FOODS

This
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    Mostly, I avoid saturated fats, added sugar, artificial sweeteners, and processed foods.