Nuts are so boring

Options
Flixie00
Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
Well I think so any way :smile:

I am in maintenance, and the condition of my hair seems to be deteriorating. I suspect that this may be due to me not hitting my daily fat macro. I eat fish but not meat, and am trying to increase my fat intake healthilly, and to this end, I have started eating nuts.

I have just finished a 40g bag of hazelnuts and found them truely uninspiring.

Any tips on how to make them more interesting without upping the calorie intake significantly.

Oh, and keep it clean :wink:

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    <
    Not deez nuts
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i adore cashews and pistachios.... sigh....
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Try chocolate or toffee covered. Nut butter on celery or crackers.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    idk...maybe protein shakes and/or vitamins?? :) good luck
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You could mix PB2 with whey powder
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Maybe eat nuts with cheese and a few dried apricots ( saw you ate some cheese) I enjoy that. Or toasted almonds on trout. Or any kind of toasted nuts on Greek yogurt.

Eta

Add nuts to stir fry or curry

Also consider the nakd bar range gluten wheat and dairy free made from whole foods including dates and nuts. I just having ginger bread bar made from almonds pecans dates and spices

Good luck
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sample different nuts. Personally, I tend to get bored after awhile and like to try many different varieties of nuts.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    get some almonds and either cinnamon or chocolate roast them! so good! and all you need to do either is cinnamon or cocoa powder
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I like to suck on them first- It's more fun that way and not as boring.

Seriously- I it makes them last longer, and I have to admit I like the ones with flavoring and not the better for you all natural ones. Chili lime almonds are my favorite
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    <
    Not deez nuts

BWAHAHAHAHA

In all seriousness, try nut butter on toast. Or crackers. Peanut butter and banana is a favorite of mine. You can try different fats, like cooking on healthy oils (walnut, olive) or using it in salad dressings. Avocados are delicious and full of good fat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like them dipped in chocolate.
  • Omega 3 supplements are amazing for your skin, hair and nails! I swear by them!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Sample different nuts. Personally, I tend to get bored after awhile and like to try many different varieties of nuts.

Heheh
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    just gotta find the nut that's right for you.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    ChocolateCashews.jpg
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    get some almonds and either cinnamon or chocolate roast them! so good! and all you need to do either is cinnamon or cocoa powder

Ooh, cinnamon nuts sound scrumptious :love:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    How about nut butters? I enjoy an apple with almond or some other type of nut butter as a snack. Or how about adding cashew, almond, or hazelnut butter to a smoothie. It adds some creaminess and a hint of flavor. (Of course, these are all natural nut butters where the only ingredients is the nut itself.) What about adding nuts to a salad? I must say, I'm not a huge fan of eating a handful of nuts, but I love in the above examples!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Im not a fan of most nuts....but Pistachios make me happy.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Going to be mature... Going to be mature... Aw, screw it. The title of this topic is just funny.

How do you feel about nut butters? Nutella is delicious. Sometimes when I want chocolate I eat Nutella with pretzels.

Maybe try for fattier other foods, like salmon & adding olive oil on your salads.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Chop them up and put them on or in things. I love greek yogurt with fruit, topped with nuts.
    Salads are good with nuts on top, also oatmeal.