Not losing weight

Options
Does anyone have any advice.....I don't seem to be losing any weight. I have been using MyFitnessPal for about 2 weeks. I lost 8 pounds pretty easily, but this week I have seen no progress. I am sticking to my calorie plan. I've exercised hard 3 days already this week. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• rschwa
    rschwa Posts: 27
    Options
    You might need more calories, especially if you are exercising. Make sure you log your exercise and eat those calories it gives you.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't enough time to stress about it. It takes your body up to 3 weeks of doing something new to see change. Be patient remember the weight didn't come on in 2 weeks it isn't gonna come off that fast either. Keep working out and eating right and it will happen. This isn't the biggest loser we don't drop big numbers in 7 days time.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't enough time to stress about it. It takes your body up to 3 weeks of doing something new to see change. Be patient remember the weight didn't come on in 2 weeks it isn't gonna come off that fast either. Keep working out and eating right and it will happen. This isn't the biggest loser we don't drop big numbers in 7 days time.

I second this. It is all about little changes - just getting healthier, living healthier. The scale can't show you all of the changes that are happening in your body and mind through this lifestyle change. Just keep going one day at a time, and in a few months / in a year from now, look back to see how far you have come. :smile: That's what I tell myself everyday, since I get discouraged, but then look and see that 10 months ago I was 33 lbs heavier. :smile: It's about the big picture - you can't use your progress for a week or two weeks as your determinant of your success. :flowerforyou:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Some weeks are like that. You lost 8 the first week. That's impressive. I wouldn't change anything unless you don't lose for 2 weeks in a row. You could try watching your sodium and drinking lots of water.
  • jahressa
    jahressa Posts: 7
    Options
    i am having the same problem as well. the first two weeks i lost ten pounds and i wasnt excercising at all now after i saw the progress i figured if i included excercise i would drop more weight easily this is my third week since losin the first eight and i only dropped 2 lbs . I work out three to four times a week. Do i need to do something differerently, cause i know exactly how you feel....frustrated,.......
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Eat back your exercise calories and measure yourself. You are probably losing inches and the weight will follow.
  • mesa4
    mesa4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In Feb when I started mfp, the weight seemed to just drop off. I weighed everyday and about every third day would lose about a half pound. After about 12# the weight just stopped. Then for about 3 weeks I couldnt lose an ounce. I really got discouraged! I thought maybe I was not eating enough, so I ate more a few days, I stopped exercising every day and still I lost nothing. After reading on the internet about hitting a plateau, it said it takes about 3 weeks for your body to start losing again. I finally have started again. I think if I had just hung in there and kept doing the same thing , I might have started to lose again sooner. The weight will start coming off again but probably not as fast. I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week and thats not happening. I think the AVERAGE for almost everyone is a pound and a half a week. Thats about what mine averages even though i went atleast 3 weeks without losing any. good luck and dont be discouraged. I feel better for every pound I lose. I wanted to lose 8 or 10 pounds a month. Thats not happening now but im grateful for any. I have a 1200 calorie goal and do go over sometimes but I think I will stay with it longer if Im not so hard on myself.
  • Newlife1110
    Options
    Are you eating 3 meals a day or are you eating 5-6 times a day. Try eating small portions every 2-3 hours. This tends to speed your metabolism. Snacks in between meals should be low cal so that you dont eat away you daily cal intake but still stimulate your metabolism. You can also try changing your exercise routine. It may take more that one week to see results but you will see them. Dont get discouraged. Also, make sure you are drinking your water each day. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • DORYBLUE
    DORYBLUE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sodium makes me retain everything. Also if you are not going regularly, check the type of fibers you are eating. check out my blog! What goes in - must come out! : ) You are off to a great start. Good Job!
  • atlmom
    atlmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so i lost weight consistently for 2 months (17lbs) then the brakes went on and NOTHING for 21 days. finally, today it budged 0.2lbs. i really feel like i'm going to move again soon. hang in there.