Flat Stomach

Options
What exercises can I do to achieve this? And how long would it take if I did it everyday?
I don't like looking down and seeing a bulge, it's very off putting!

Thanks for any help!

Much appreciated!

Replies

• AmyJade_mfp
    AmyJade_mfp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

Need urgent advice!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns and table pushaways. It will take as long as it takes you to lose the fat, and that takes a caloric deficit and time. You can't spot reduce.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and general strength training.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

Need urgent advice!

if it's urgent, i suggest you start squatting and deadlifting last thursday! hurry!
  • mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Getting a flat stomach is not so much about the exercising as losing fat. You can have an awesome 6 pack and be hiding it under a small layer of fat! It is important to eat right and so general exercises for the core such as planks. Also, make sure you are not eating too many foods that cause bloating such as carbonated drinks, or lots of gluten.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    she already doesnt eat enough...OP eat a little more and add strength training
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Eat correctly
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Damn. Nvm.
  • AmyJade_mfp
    AmyJade_mfp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not eating enough lately because I have recently lost someone in the family and I'm trying to get to grips with it.
    But MFP put me on 1,200 which is beneficial for me with my weight loss
  • neiljbrady
    neiljbrady Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I competed in body building in 1997. I had people coming up to me to find out how to get their "six pack". I would tell them they already have it , they just needed to "kick the covers off". Just remember calories out has to be more than calories in. When the "covers" are kicked off THEN you can start working on abbs and obliques.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns and table pushaways. It will take as long as it takes you to lose the fat, and that takes a caloric deficit and time. You can't spot reduce.

^this
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

^this

Sounds complicated. How many ab roller reps does this equate to?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

^this

Sounds complicated. How many ab roller reps does this equate to?
  • MLibby84
    Options
    I like that answer :)
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    abdominal crunches, planks, and swimming (believe it or not, you have to pull in your stomach to swim properly). I went from a 36.5 waist to a 27 in about 4 months using these.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some medical issue I'd suggest taking a WAY better look at your diary. Your calories are way too low. You should be eating at least 1200. And if you're working out more than that.
  • rawmama232
    rawmama232 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the Greer Childer's Bodyflex Advanced which is a 9 minute routine. Looks goofy, but it seriously works. I can lose inches before I even lose pounds, and I was measuring myself each weekend to make sure it works and isn't a waste of time. My stomach tightened up even after the first few days. Unfortunately it is only available in a vcr tape. You can find the older versions of bodyflex on youtube... honestly looks like something from Saturday Night Live, but it does work! There are chats about this, you can google it and see what results people have had.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of a loved one in your family.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Seeing as you just joined I would focus on short term goals first. In all honesty if your goal is to lose 51 pounds you had better make a more attainable goal first or you will quickly lose focus. Flat stomach doesn't come quickly and it takes patience. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Walking really makes a difference.

Sucking in your gut, so that the muscles stay put naturally. Do it several times a day, and it makes the muscles stronger. Also, walk on all fours with your arms and legs straight like a camel. That really pulls them in.

Watch what you eat. You can be a bean pole and still get a little pot if you eat too many sweets and too much unhealthy types of fat. The pot indicates organ fat, and you can weight 120 lbs and have it if you don't eat healthy.