A healthier me=a healthier family!

Options
Well it is a Saturday morning I have been up since 6am because my new healthy body got a great nights sleep and wouldn't let me sleep in even if I wanted to! Before a normal Saturday at home would be the whole family sleeping in until noon then watching movies and eating junk food all weekend!!

Today my family is getting up early and going to the YMCA to play basketball and go swimming after!! NOW this is the kind of stuff we do on the weekends and it feels great!! I didn't realize how my unhealthy ways were influencing my family! It feels great to be the leader and to say "Get up lets go do something fun and healthy as a family together!!" We still watch movies but that is after we have had a fun filled healthy day together!! It feels so good to see my kids and husband benefiting from my motivation!

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! It's great when you can have your loved ones on board with you!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My cat and rabbit are still just as lazy. Maybe they need a good talk-to from your family. :)

Joking aside, that's awesome. Congrats and have fun!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    INSPIRING!!! WTG!!!
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was just looking this morning at the membership at the Life Center. (same thing as the YMCA here) You have just inspired me to go ahead with the membership. Thank You! :flowerforyou:
  • dougnaudra
    dougnaudra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! I love our YMCA! I hope you enjoy!