Proteins?

Options
Hi guys!
My biggest problem on this diet so far is the proteins of all things...I stay on my 1200 calorie limit, I dont go over carbs or fat, but Im always over my protein limits... Everything contains proteins, even veggies? I didnt think veggies counted after being on tony fergusson diets (where you can eat veggies unlimited)..
How can I limit my proteins? I really dont wanna cut out meat or a cup of milk daily, but then there is all the other from other bits and pieces...

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't limit your proteins. The default MFP settings have your protein intake set very low. Here's an informative thread about how to set up your macronutrients (and calorie intake):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You protein number isn't a limit, it's a minimum.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Up your target percentage and then you won't go over anymore.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above.

If there was one macro that I would be forced to limit, proteins would the one at the bottom of that list, lol.
  • carolinehustoft
    carolinehustoft Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok, I didnt know this.
    How do I calculate everything? I tried understand the calculating post, but english is not my first language and it was quite confusing. Would appreciate if someone could help me out.
    I got a TDEE on 2463 (calculated from a website).
    BF is 27%.