scared to eat more :( help!

Options
OK i have the body i always wanted. i weight less than most girls my age (5'8" 108 lbs). NO eating disorders here though. I achieved this look by working out and eating 1500-1600 kcal a day, except once a week i'd go over 2000.
I work out 3 times a week, cardio for 20 minutes and then lift weights.
I know a lot of people will tell me to gain weight but i really like the way i look now. My problem is that i am not satisfied with 1500-1600 calories a day anymore. I want to maintain, not lose anymore, but i am also aware that since i am smaller than most people i have to eat less to maintain it.
So how many calories am i "safe" with??
Please don't tell me to gain weight, it's not going to happen and it's not helping.

Replies

• nettieluvstzu
    nettieluvstzu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you go into your settings and diet/fitness profile.. you can change the drop down box to (maintain weight) and that should re-adjust your calorie intake so you don't lose anymore.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    the best way to find out is to add a couple hundred calories per day and see what happens after a couple weeks. If you ares till losing, add couple hundred more. Do this until you're maintaining.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i just did it and it says my maintenance is 1630. better than 1500 i guess
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    at your current calorie intake, do you know how much you lose per week on average? If you have good weight loss data, you can calculate your "real" maintenance calories based on your recent history.
  • chantey16
    chantey16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    using the calculator i have always used, classing you as lightly active, you should be able to maintain on 1849 calories. but like suggested before, slowly work your way up to this amount and see what happens to your weight :) dw....you will not easily put on a lot of actual fat weight, if you do gain, it will just be water weight, as you will not be eating anywhere near 3500 calories more than your maintenance level!
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Look you clearly know per BMI you're underweight, but from your picture and the amount you're saying you eat, you've done it somewhat healthily. I would at the very least consult with your doctor, so they can advise you.

Try 1630 calories for maintenance, Remember you're not going to stay the exact same weight all the time, so pick a range you're comfortable with (5-10lbs weight range, I'd advise between 105-115lb but it's up to you) See how you go on that range and once you're comfortable see if you can increase by 100 calories. If you can eat 1730 and stay in your range, then up it again. Keep doing so until you start getting to the higher end of your range and then you'll know your maintenance point. (the previous cals)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It's fun being skinny, isn't it?

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with maintaining on the low end of your range if that's where your body likes to be. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

I too am on the low end of my range, and am able to eat about 2000 calories a day. I myself would probably stil continue to lose on 1600.

Glad to have you on my friends list.