coffee creamer alternatives

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    How much freaking creamer are you putting in your coffee??!!

^^This. Seriously, for 200 calories it better be ice cream not just creamer.
  • katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use low fat milk or almond milk with a sprinkle of cinnamon to add some sweetness without all the sugar. I use to have a serious creamer addiction too!
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Non-dairy powder creamer is like 20 calories in a tsp. I am between 200-300 cals a day from creamer too, I just deal with it so I can keep my coffee.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I use fat free land o lakes creamer, the only one I like! Taste like regular to me;)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    How much freaking creamer are you putting in your coffee??!!

^^ this? and I use an Organic Trader Joes Hazelnut thats 30 cals per T - and only 2g carb
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I just gave up creamer. I don't do black tho, just one tsp of sugar will take the bitter off.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    how many cups of coffee are you drinking???? I'd start with drinking less coffee first of all!!! gosh! I drink two small cups and yes I use creamer but 200 calories sounds like your using 70% creamer, 30% coffee. Maybe you should just not drink coffee!!!!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise. Don't knock it 'til you try it!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    find better coffee that doesn't need to be diluted with milk to taste good.

^ this.

Black or nothing.
  • shakespearessister
    Options
    First, the extra calories I consume for my coffee in the morning make me HAPPY and so I count them worth it.

However:

1. Good gourmet coffee 2. Brew it a little weaker or get a lighter roast 3. Use a smaller cup :-)

We're real food fiends here, so I won't use traditional "creamers," but the SoDelicious coconut milk creamer is quite tasty. I also use an actual serving of organic half and half (2 tablespoons is 40 calories) and an actual serving of organic coffee syrup (flavorganics brand. 1 tablespoon is 35 calories). If I use a normal 6 ounce serving of coffee, this is perfect, and it's only 75 calories.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options

This is a good tip! I was using single brew bags for a long time since I was the only one who drinks coffee in the house and I didn't have a coffee maker. My friend bought me a coffee maker for christmas and I invested in some Starbucks and I realized that good coffee doesn't taste nearly as nasty when it's black as cheap coffee does! I especially love Caffe Verona flavor. Try different brands and see if you find something that tastes a bit better and you won't have to doctor it up as much.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    how many cups of coffee are you drinking???? I'd start with drinking less coffee first of all!!! gosh! I drink two small cups and yes I use creamer but 200 calories sounds like your using 70% creamer, 30% coffee. Maybe you should just not drink coffee!!!!
    4-6 cups with 2 tsp@(20cals) of creamer gets you to there. Easy to do when the workplace has coffee machines in every corner.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I drink espresso straight up without any cream or sweetener in it. If you have to have something sweet in it, I would recommend Splenda.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    All coffee needs to be diluted with milk to taste good. Duh.
  • vickidiane13
    vickidiane13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free syrups like Torani are great and zero cals. If you get a skinny vanilla latte from starbucks that is what they use to add the vanilla flavor. There are many different flavors to choose from. 0 cals, 0 fat.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise. Don't knock it 'til you try it!

UMMMMM.... kay......

:sick:
  • TamKat63
    TamKat63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look at half and half. I think it has less calories.:drinker:
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use the Silk soy creamer. It's not super low cal, but it's better than half and half or the flavored creamers. And it's cholesterol free, with almost no fat, but very creamy. the unflavored is 15 calories per Tbsp and the flavors are like 20 or 25 per Tbsp, if memory serves. I tried subbing regular soy milk or vanilla soy milk and...yuk. Life's too short to drink bad coffee.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    4-6 cups with 2 tsp@(20cals) of creamer gets you to there. Easy to do when the workplace has coffee machines in every corner.

yea i'd try a different damn creamer or just drink less coffee. It's really not deemed necessary to drink that much coffee. not to mention that much creamer. Find an alternative. That's just too many calories and sugar.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipping cream...it's only 50 calories for a tablespoonful. If you use a tablespoon, you'll see that it definitely get's your coffee super white. You could adjust and see if you can go to 1/2 a tablespoon if necessary.

Monica