Other women with 15-30 pounds to lose?

Options
I'm looking for friends with a relatively small amount of weight to lose. I am 5'5'' and currently weight 149 pounds (down from 159 in September). It is slow-goin' these days and I could use some support with staying motivated when it seems like it takes 2-3 weeks to lose a pound! My scale is not budging, though I can tell I look better. I certainly FEEL better now that I'm eating much more healthfully. I am not sure how much I should weight, but right now I'm focusing on getting a sleeker physique by doing tons of toning, ballet bar, yoga and aqua aerobics classes. I teach Zumba once per week as well.

I'm a fan of eating lots of veggies, lean protein, whole grain rice/oats (I am gluten-intolerant as well as dairy and soy-free). I try very hard to stay away from processed food (I'm probably about 75% whole foods and 25% processed). When I do eat processed things, I at least try to eat from companies that are organic/small batch without a laundry list of bizarre ingredients on the back. In other words, I am trying to eat foods with lots of nutrients, not just lower calories.

If you are like-minded or even just in the same 1200 calories per day, scale barely budges situation, please friend me!

Replies

• skinnyjess6
    skinnyjess6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my total goal weight loss is 31.2lbs. So far I've lost 6.6. On the road! Sending a request.
  • Bnspired711
    Bnspired711 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is similar and I get your frustration, as well as the need for motivation. Sending an add!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 132 trying to ge down to 117. I gained 20 pounds in the last two years. 5 off and 15 more to go. Decided o do it when my gym started their annual biggest loser contest. Good incentve. I'd be glad to support and encourage you.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, I'm at 159.2lbs and looking to lose about 19lbs more. I've lost over 95lbs so far. I think you might want to try eating more. I was on the 1200 calorie diet and lost about 30lbs but felt tired and still hungry. I now eat at my tdee and don't eat workout calories. It's working out really well, I'm losing about .5 - 1.5lbs a week again and feel a lot better. :-)

Good luck on your healthy lifestyle!